• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FlashBuilder 4 Demanding to be Opened as Admin in Windows 7

Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2011 Apr 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have FlashBuilder 4 installed on my Windows 7 64 bit OS.

Whenever I try to open FlashBuilder, I am required to approve its being run as Admin.

None of my colleagues have this problem.

How do I fix this?

TIA,

mlavie

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2011 Apr 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

change the properties on the shortcut to run as administrator. It's the only way I could find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is the User Account you're logged in with on Win7 a member of the local Administrators Group? I think that if you're logged in as a Standard User, then UAC will prompt you on first launch for elevated Administrator credentials, so that eclipse and FB4 will be able to initialize normally. If something goes awry with that though (with files cached in the Virtual Store, and elsewhere), I've heard of cases such as you're describing, where you need to keep launching as an Admin, not just on the first launch.

I don't know of an established workaround for this, short of adding yourself to the Admins Group if you have permission for that. Another possibility would be to see if there are any FB4 config files cached in the Virtual Store for any users, and if so, delete them.

In the upcoming FB 4.5 release we've improved multi-user support, and am reasonably confident that this problem will no longer happen.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

I am already running on an Admin account. Maybe my post wan't clear: I meant that I am required to *agree* to *elevated* priviliges whenever I launch FB4, just like when I try to install software, etc. This is an issue because of a known bug that NativeDragAndDrop doesn't work when debugging DragAnDrop when elevated privileges are.in effect, and I am trying to debug such a program.

Could you explain to me please what the virtual store is and how I can empty it?

TIA,

mlavie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

One more thing - the FB4 icon on the desktop has the Administrator "Shield" emblem embedded in it.

mlavie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2011 Apr 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My account is an administrator but I have UAC turned off anyway. I've just removed the "run as administrator" option from the shortcut and it launched fine this time anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines