• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find/relink all offline clips in a project?

Contributor ,
Apr 17, 2011 Apr 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was editing something in the field and have brought the project file back home.  Is there any way to search the entire project for offline files so that I can relink them?  I have roughly 10 offline clips but they are scattered throughout nearly 500 clips in 22 bins and I would really like PPro to just show me what needs to be relinked (or better, just relink them).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 17, 2011 Apr 17, 2011

Just select everything in your bin, or in the Project Panel (Ctrl/Cmd+A), right-click, and select "Link Media;" Premiere is smart enough to figure out that you only want to link the offline media, and will prompt you as many times as it takes to locate the offline clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2011 Apr 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just select everything in your bin, or in the Project Panel (Ctrl/Cmd+A), right-click, and select "Link Media;" Premiere is smart enough to figure out that you only want to link the offline media, and will prompt you as many times as it takes to locate the offline clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 19, 2011 Apr 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did the trick!  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2013 Nov 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gamechanger 🙂

As After Effects does that with just linking one and checking automaticly if other offline material can be linked I assumed Premiere would do it that way as well.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you - Very Helpful - I was loosing time relink them one by one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2012 Dec 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another easy solution:

Type 'offline' in the search bar in the project panel.

Adobe will then automatically list any files that are marked as offline.

Worked perfect for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines