Skip navigation
abdutr
Currently Being Moderated

OSMF Player Error: URL missing from Media tag - HTTP Live

Apr 20, 2011 2:36 AM

When I try to play an HTTP Live Stream using OSMF Player, I get "URL missing from Media tag" error.

I installed Flash MS4.0 with Apache2.2.

My live manifest file (f4m) is below.

http://localhost/live/events/livepkgr/events/_definst_/liveevent.f4m

<manifest>

<id> livepkgr/events/_definst_/liveevent </id>
<mimeType> </mimeType>
<streamType> live </streamType>
<duration> 0 </duration>
<media streamId="livestream1" bitrate="100">
<metadata> </metadata>
</media>
<media streamId="livestream2" bitrate="200">
<metadata> </metadata>
</media>
<media streamId="livestream3" bitrate="350">
<metadata> </metadata>
</media>
<bootstrapInfo profile="named" url="../../../../streams/livepkgr/streams/_definst_/livestream%i1/livestrea m%i1.bootstrap" id="bootstrap2386"></bootstrapInfo>
<media streamId="livestream%i1" url="../../../../streams/livepkgr/streams/_definst_/livestream%i1/livestrea m%i1" bootstrapInfoId="bootstrap2386">
<metadata>
AgAKb25NZXRhRGF0YQgAAAAAAAhkdXJhdGlvbgAAAAAAAAAAAAAMYXVkaW9jb2RlY2lkAg AEbXA0YQAFd2lkdGgAAAAAAAAAAAAABmhlaWdodAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMdmlkZW9jb2RlY2lk AgAESDI2NAAKYXZjcHJvZmlsZQBAUIAAAAAAAAAIYXZjbGV2ZWwAQD4AAAAAAAAABmFhY2 FvdAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPYXVkaW9zYW1wbGVyYXRlAEDfQAAAAAAAAA1hdWRpb2NoYW5uZWxz AEAAAAAAAAAAAA52aWRlb2ZyYW1lcmF0ZQD/+AAAAAAAAAAJdHJhY2tpbmZvCgAAAAIDAA ZsZW5ndGgAAAAAAAAAAAAACXRpbWVzY2FsZQBAj0AAAAAAAAAIbGFuZ3VhZ2UCAANlbmcA AAkDAAZsZW5ndGgAAAAAAAAAAAAACXRpbWVzY2FsZQBAj0AAAAAAAAAIbGFuZ3VhZ2UCAA NlbmcAAAkADXNtcHRlVGltZUluZm8DAAtzbXB0ZU9mZnNldAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACQAHY3Vz dGRlZgoAAAAAAAAJ
</metadata>
</media>
<bootstrapInfo profile="named" url="../../../../streams/livepkgr/streams/_definst_/livestream%i2/livestrea m%i2.bootstrap" id="bootstrap6801"></bootstrapInfo>
<media streamId="livestream%i2" url="../../../../streams/livepkgr/streams/_definst_/livestream%i2/livestrea m%i2" bootstrapInfoId="bootstrap6801">
<metadata>
AgAKb25NZXRhRGF0YQgAAAAAAAhkdXJhdGlvbgAAAAAAAAAAAAAMYXVkaW9jb2RlY2lkAg AEbXA0YQAFd2lkdGgAAAAAAAAAAAAABmhlaWdodAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMdmlkZW9jb2RlY2lk AgAESDI2NAAKYXZjcHJvZmlsZQBAUIAAAAAAAAAIYXZjbGV2ZWwAQD4AAAAAAAAABmFhY2 FvdAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPYXVkaW9zYW1wbGVyYXRlAEDfQAAAAAAAAA1hdWRpb2NoYW5uZWxz AEAAAAAAAAAAAA52aWRlb2ZyYW1lcmF0ZQD/+AAAAAAAAAAJdHJhY2tpbmZvCgAAAAIDAA ZsZW5ndGgAAAAAAAAAAAAACXRpbWVzY2FsZQBAj0AAAAAAAAAIbGFuZ3VhZ2UCAANlbmcA AAkDAAZsZW5ndGgAAAAAAAAAAAAACXRpbWVzY2FsZQBAj0AAAAAAAAAIbGFuZ3VhZ2UCAA NlbmcAAAkADXNtcHRlVGltZUluZm8DAAtzbXB0ZU9mZnNldAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACQAHY3Vz dGRlZgoAAAAAAAAJ
</metadata>
</media>
<bootstrapInfo profile="named" url="../../../../streams/livepkgr/streams/_definst_/livestream%i3/livestrea m%i3.bootstrap" id="bootstrap1"> </bootstrapInfo>
<media streamId="livestream%i3" url="../../../../streams/livepkgr/streams/_definst_/livestream%i3/livestrea m%i3" bootstrapInfoId="bootstrap1">
<metadata>
</metadata>
</media>
</manifest>

It seems to me that it is a configuration issue, but I have no clue.
I compared above manifest with a sample manifest that I found on Adobe's site, the attributes are same but the structure is not. Maybe that is causing OSMF to fail.
Thanks for any suggestion!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 20, 2011 3:23 AM   in reply to abdutr

Hey,

Looks at the media-url tag in your manifest, it has some unknown characters (like %i). Does that match with zeri assets in that folder.Looks like it has some typo.

My sample manifest that works looks like this

<manifest><id>
            livepkgr/events/_definst_/liveevent
        </id><mimeType>

</mimeType><streamType>
            live
        </streamType><duration>
        </duration><dvrInfo beginOffset="0" endOffset="60">
        </dvrInfo><bootstrapInfo profile="named" url="../../../../streams/livepkgr/streams/_definst_/livestream/livest ream.bootstrap" id="bootstrap6101">
        </bootstrapInfo><media streamId="livestream" url="../../../../streams/livepkgr/streams/_definst_/livestream/livest ream" bootstrapInfoId="bootstrap6101"><metadata>
                AgAKb25NZXRhRGF0YQgAAAAAAAhkdXJhdGlvbgBAhWhBiTdLxwAFd2lkdGgAAAAAAAAAA AAABmhlaWdodAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMdmlkZW9jb2RlY2lkAgAESDI2NAAMYXVkaW9jb2RlY2l kAgAEbXA0YQAKYXZjcHJvZmlsZQBAUIAAAAAAAAAIYXZjbGV2ZWwAQD4AAAAAAAAABmFhY 2FvdAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOdmlkZW9mcmFtZXJhdGUA//gAAAAAAAAAD2F1ZGlvc2FtcGxlcmF 0ZQBA1YiAAAAAAAANYXVkaW9jaGFubmVscwBAAAAAAAAAAAAJdHJhY2tpbmZvCgAAAAIDA AZsZW5ndGgAAAAAAAAAAAAACXRpbWVzY2FsZQBAj0AAAAAAAAAIbGFuZ3VhZ2UCAANlbmc AAAkDAAZsZW5ndGgAAAAAAAAAAAAACXRpbWVzY2FsZQBAj0AAAAAAAAAIbGFuZ3VhZ2UCA ANlbmcAAAkAAAk=
            </metadata></media></manifest>

And my zeri assets in the folder ../../../../streams/livepkgr/streams/_definst_/livestream are livestreamSeg1.f4f, livestreamSeg2.f4f .....

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2011 6:21 AM   in reply to abdutr

As you must already be observing, %i in the stream name is needed/used only in the MBR case (multi bit rate).
    How are you publishing the streams ? Are you using FMLE or any other encoder ? Can you let us know how many streams you published and the publish url please ?

If you are publishing multiple streams, then make sure the following :

Encoder should publish multiple streams (three is a good choice generally). make sure %i is added in the publisher strings so that you have streams with the names livestream1 , livestream2 and livestream3 (no %i in the final published stream name! )

Make sure the manifest.xml ( that you have under the application folder for livepkgr/events/liveevent ) has three stream ids added corresponding to the published streams from the encoder with the bit rate tag added (please refer the documentation on how to add the tags in manifest.xml).

Once these two are confirmed, you may now want to see if the .f4m file that you queried for is having the bitrate info and then the strobe player should be able to play it without any errors (1.5 version is good to use).

Please let us know if that helped.

Thank you !

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2011 8:07 AM   in reply to abdutr

Hi,

If you are using encoder other than FMLE, then you need to confirm whats the process to send MBR streams. %i is specific to FMLE when you want to publish MBR from FMLE to FMS and the documentation for HTTP Dynamic Streaming is written with reference to FMLE only.

If there is an option for you, can you please try publishing using FMLE ? Rest of things stand exactly the same.

Thank you !

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2011 8:15 AM   in reply to abdutr

Happy to know that HDS is working for you !

As I mentioned above, the documentation is written specifically with FMLE as an encoder pushing streams to FMS. Hope you can make note of this now.

Thank you !

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2011 10:09 AM   in reply to Nikhil Pavan Kalyan

Thanks for figuring this out -- I've added a comment to the docs and I'll update the source so the comment will be integrated into the main doc the next time we publish.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashmediaserver/devguide/WSd391de4d9c7bd6 09-3f106ca112a37603cd2-8000.html

Jody

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points