Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Captivate not resuming after quiz complete just getting the loading screen

Apr 21, 2011 1:55 AM

Hi Everyone.

I am using captivate 5 and have created a 60 slide project. The project contains 8 quiz questions and is published as scorm 1.2. The project is delivered using moodle 2.02. The problem is this. When the project is first launched it loads and plays correctly. If the student exits before the quiz is complete and then comes back to it later the project resumes correctly, The problem occurs where the student exits the project after the quiz is complete. If after this point the student tries to re-launch the project later, the project launches but gets stuck at the gray loading screen. I have installed the latest hotfixes and the problem seems to occur on all browsers.

Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated.

regards

J

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 21, 2011 7:41 AM   in reply to Jumper06

How many attempts have you allowed in the Moodle settings for this module?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2011 9:04 PM   in reply to Jumper06

OK.  I've not struck this issue before with Moodle, but that may be due to using earlier versions of Moodle.

Here are a couple of things to try:

Try setting more grading attempts in Moodle and not make any changes to the Captivate lesson itself.  If this now allows the user to open the module again, you know where the issue is.

If changing the attempts in Moodle has no effect, try changing the Required settings in the Captivate module Quiz > Settings.  Set it so that the user can skip the quiz if they want.  That's the least restrictive setting.  If that now allows the user to progress again, this setting may be your issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 3, 2011 2:58 AM   in reply to Jumper06

Hi J,

Did you find a solution to this issue? I'm having the same problems also.

Thanks,

Kayleigh

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 3, 2011 9:31 AM   in reply to Kayleigh-S-88

Hello

Has a solution been found to this problem?

I am getting the same problem also. The course is stuck on Loading if the quiz has been attempted (regardless of a pass or fail mark). This only applies to quiz question screens where it is set to Report Answers.

thanks

Loraine

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 2, 2011 8:06 AM   in reply to Jumper06

Any fix to this?  We seem to be having a similar problem...

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 2, 2011 8:10 AM   in reply to Seshet

I recently sent a bug report to Adobe. I have sent them a sample Captivate file where this problem is happening. I have yet to hear anything back from their investigation.

I will keep you updated if I hear anything back.

thanks

Loraine

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points