Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Forms and Documents functions not working on iPad

Former Community Member

Hello to all;

I need some support with LiveCycle for Mobile on Apple iPad. In the app's main menu, when i log in to the Livecycle server, there should be 3 tabs (Tasks, Forms and documents), but i can see only the Tasks tab.

I have set the following user permission for the test user:

• LC Content Spaces User
  • Services User
  • LiveCycle Workspace User

Thankks in advance for your answers

Darklight3it

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi Darklight3it,

Forms and Documents support requires LiveCycle ES2.5 Server.  For ES2, only Tasks are supported.

Are you running ES2 or ES2.5 Server?

Thanks,

Howard

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi Darklight3it,

Forms and Documents support requires LiveCycle ES2.5 Server.  For ES2, only Tasks are supported.

Are you running ES2 or ES2.5 Server?

Thanks,

Howard

Former Community Member

Hi Howard;

I'm currently running LiveCycle ES2 Server, thanks for your answer.

Darklight3it

Former Community Member

Another Question....

In order to test the Tasks functionality I've made a simple process that assigns a task to the test user. The problem is that the notification does not appear on the iPad even if it's notified on the Workspace.

Did i miss some important detail in the assign task options?

Former Community Member

Hello,

Check out the help page here: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/LiveCycle/9.5/WorkbenchHelp/WS92d06802c76abadb-1cc35bda128261a20dd-7dbf....

I suspect that the issue is that you have not configured the Assign Task or Assign Multiple Tasks operations to allow tasks to be completed without opening the form or Guide.  That check box has to be set so that the mobile device sees the task. 

Also remember to put in good quality Task Instructions, as that text is typically the primary way of indicating what is to be approved or rejected to the user.  The PDF is sent along with the task to the device as an attachment.  I like to use XPath to construct a great message, for example:

{/form_data/users_name} has submitted a purchasing request valued at {/form_data/value}.  The reason for the request is: {/form_data/reason}.

Good luck!

Matt MacKenzie

Adobe Systems

Former Community Member

I have unchecked the option " Form Must Be Displayed When Completing" and set the Workspace User Interface to Approval Container, but i still can't see the task in LiveCycle Mobile. Any Other Ideas?

Former Community Member

Darklight3it,

Are you able to see the task for that user via the workspace web interface (e.g. http://lcservername:8080/workspace ) on a desktop/laptop pc?

Do you have any other mobile devices with LC Mobile installed?  e.g. iPhone, BlackBerry, Android device.

Howard

Former Community Member

Yes I can see the task on the workspace. At the moment I have no other devuce to test the application.

Level 1

Did you uncheck the  "Form Must Be Displayed When Completing" before you created the work item? If this setting was not unchecked when the task was created then you would have to re-create the task again for it to be visible. Try re-submkitting the same task (now that the "Form Must Be Displayed..." checkbox is unchecked and see if it is visible on the mobile device.

Former Community Member

Done in all of my tests, but still not working.

Former Community Member

Problem Resolved, it was due to a superpoosition of user in LiveCyle Mobile log in operations.

Thanks to all

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----