Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

``the content you are trying to view is locked.`` on KOBO reader

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2011 Apr 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on kobo reader getting msg: content you are trying to view is locked.    Pls

use your adobe ID to authorize your ereader with the kobo desktop application OR

ADE.

How can I check with ADE to see if I have exceeded my 6 device limit.

That is what I think may be causing this msg.

My computer and ADE library show my computer and Ereader as

authorized; with the ereader on the ADE library page, shown down

at the left.  

Transferring book to kobo appears to work; the book is on the KOBO

internal list, but WILL NOT OPEN.   (get the msg as shown in full,

at top of this description.)

If you have other ideas, other than I have reached my max,

would be glad to hear them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 27, 2011 Apr 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In order to fix this error message please follow the steps as suggested below.

1) Open Digital Editions.
                    2) Connect the Reader and open it.
                    3) Press the keys Ctrl + Shift + E  on your keyboard.
                    4) Now unplug the Reader and replug it.
                    5) There you will find a new drive created similar to C or D drive under "My computer".
                    6) Open the Readers Drive and you will find one or two folders with name adobe.digital.edition.
                    7) Delete thyis folder and plug off and re plug in the Reader.
                    8) Authorize Reader from the same Adobe ID which you used to Authorize Adobe Digital Editions.

I Hope this will help you !!!!

Regards

Rizwan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2011 Sep 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I got through step 4 fine............ Now, my computer doesn't 'recongize' my Literati ........................Now what? (and yes, the reader is 'turned on' )

Never mind , it just had to 'think' about, I guess )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2011 Sep 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when this happened to me, it turned out that the date on my ereader and the date/time on my computer did not match.

Somehow my ereader had a different date , though I had set it the same.    

Ensure your ereader is connected to your computer in the "manage" mode, and is on, when you attempt to download books.

good luck.

To: smilesChuckles <blackmanncty@yahoo.ca>

Sent: Friday, September 23, 2011 12:26:52 PM

Subject: ``the content you are trying to view is locked.``     on KOBO reader

Re: ``the content you are trying to view is locked.`` on KOBO reader created by tracerracer66 in Adobe Digital Editions - View the full discussion

So, I got through step 4 fine............ Now, my computer doesn't 'recongize' my Literati ........................Now what? (and yes, the reader is 'turned on' )

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Adobe Digital Editions by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2011 Sep 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

smilesChuckles wrote:

when this happened to me, it turned out that the date on my ereader and the date/time on my computer did not match.

Somehow my ereader had a different date , though I had set it the same.    

Ensure your ereader is connected to your computer in the "manage" mode, and is on, when you attempt to download books.

good luck.

Thanks, I'll check the date (never crossed my mind, duh) Umm, how do I 'know' it's in the "manage" mode? (Prob, a silly question, but again, not somethin' I have paid attention to )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2011 Sep 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I connect my ereader, to my computer, mine gives me the option to continue reading, or to manage (which allows for transfer

of data,books,etc.

To: smilesChuckles <blackmanncty@yahoo.ca>

Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2011 10:33:18 AM

Subject: ``the content you are trying to view is locked.``     on KOBO reader

Re: ``the content you are trying to view is locked.`` on KOBO reader created by tracerracer66 in Adobe Digital Editions - View the full discussion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2011 Sep 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, I don't get that 'choice', (with either one, Nook, literati, hmmm) that would be why I didn't understand how to 'find' that ..........................Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines