Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forums HORRIBLE March 14 2011

Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2011 Mar 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started 9AM West Coast USA - several "false" logouts
I had a message all ready to go, and between composing and clicking post... I was logged out
I have been a member of the Adobe forums since Premiere 6x days, to learn and help when I can
Now, due to either a lack of resources provided by Adobe... or the Jive software... the forums are part of the problem, instead of being the solution
It is really frustrating to take 30+ seconds to get to a forum, or a message inside a forum... and then find out I have been logged out when the screen finally opens
This problem has been here for several weeks, off and on, and it seems nobody is able to fix this problem... not a good public face for Adobe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

today is especially bad.

Took minutes to load page, and 3 times to try to login.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be a denial of service attack. Extraordinary amount of new accounts and spam being generated this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote on 11/03/14 18:50:

Might be a denial of service attack. Extraordinary amount of new accounts and spam being generated this morning.

Unlikely: a DoS kind of defeats the idea that spam will be read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

Is Adobe the only blue chip company to have this problem?  I haven't seen M$, Google, Yahoo, or even Oracle to have this problem.  Is adobe doing something about this?  How about hiring an outside consultant to have a look at the security issues.  Is our personal details safe with Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DWILCOX01 wrote on 11/03/14 22:32:

Is Adobe the only blue chip company to have this problem? I haven't seen M$, Google, Yahoo, or even Oracle to have this problem.

Please be specific about what you mean with "this problem" and quite

likely I can give you examples of those companies having had "this problem".

Is adobe doing something about this? How about hiring an outside consultant to have a look at the security issues.

Please be specific, what security issues are you referring to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be very safe. No one can get in to get it.

The attack was 6,000+ spam messages being posted in a short amount of time that overwhelmed the servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

Seems to be very safe. No one can get in to get it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Mar 15, 2011 Mar 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still 15-20 seconds per page load, March 15.

(and a just had a false logout when posting this)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

The attack was 6,000+ spam messages being posted in a short amount of time that overwhelmed the servers.

Same problem March 14 starting at 8AM

If someone is spamming, is it not possible for "adobe-admin" (generic term for "someone" at Adobe) to isolate the IP address and block the spammer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're trying, but the spammers are using multiple IP addresses...

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, we can (and have) blocked an IP. But a few minutes later they're using another. The block is done at Jive at the server level. Can't give much more detail about the blocks at this point, we're still chasing them down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm... unless Adobe is simply the "target of the day" this means that someone is REALLY angry at Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are better and more patient, than I am. After ~ 20 mins. to read, and reply to three messages - I just gave up - as outlined in this THREAD. Just to post that took 4 log-ins, with intermittent 404's.

I'll check back tomorrow, or Thursday.

Good luck to us all,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 16, 2011 Mar 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill and the others,

It appears the same thing is happening again today. I've been logged off about 4-5 times, managed to get one message to go thru.

When I tried to login to the thread itself, then I was re-directed to the Adobe Forums site and then needed to start all over again. Even from my email notifications or from the Adobe.com site/Help/Forums. Same thing.

Ever since Monday, the only thing that worked "most" of the time was the PM. I used it several times for pending threads that were left hanging.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look, you guys have to accept that Adobe has run out of ideas and telling us that it has received nearly 6,000 spam messages is just a smokescreen.  There are all the signs that it has a major problem with its infrastructure because you don't need a PhD to control 6,000 spam messages.

The sooner they move away from Jives the better it would be for its core business to make and support its products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know, since I've been doing this, Adobe-Admin has always shot straight, even when it might not have adhered to the "party line."

I'd be inclined to believe what has been posted. Now, that does not mean that a "trusted source" cannot be wrong, but over the years, one learns whom they can trust - in most cases. If Adobe-Admin says something, I trust that to be what he believes.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in most cases. If Adobe-Admin says something, I trust that to be what he believes.

a'yup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! The overrun of spam did slow things down Sun/Monday. But now I'm seeing some search index issues. Don't think they are related, but Jive is checking it out. I guess the index issues could also come from getting so many new messages in a short amount of time.

Whatever it is, it is very frustrating. I had hair when I started the job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 17, 2011 Mar 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote:

If Adobe-Admin says something, I trust that to be what he believes.

What about the 'she's?

There used to be a very helpful lady around... i don't want to take names but i hope she's still with Adobe Forums...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2011 Mar 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shunithD wrote:

the_wine_snob wrote:

If Adobe-Admin says something, I trust that to be what he believes.

What about the 'she's?

There used to be a very helpful lady around... i don't want to take names but i hope she's still with Adobe Forums...

Perhaps there is no "she" involved in this matter.  It is all "he" and that is why we have a problem!

Do you know many ladies in IT dealing with spam messages?  Adobe received 6,000 spam messages and they are still working on them!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 18, 2011 Mar 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know many ladies in IT dealing with spam messages?

why, yes. yes i do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

why, yes. yes i do.

But can they handle 6,000 spam messages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DWILCOX01 wrote:

But can they handle 6,000 spam messages?

Mmmm... you obviously don't know women very well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines