Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Acrobat X Pro + Office 2010: missing text fields

Apr 26, 2011 11:05 AM

Win7/64

Using the PDF printer

Hi,

very strange problem: simple TIF file (tried different bitmap formats) in a Word 2010 document (graphic before text) and a simple textfield -- not more.

Printing as PDF (with various settings) -- but the text(field) is missing in the PDF output.

Same behaviour in Acrobat Pro 9 and Office 2010.

shot_11-04-26_003.png

With Word 2003 I did not have such annoying problems...

Can anybody help me? I'm trying and trying and ...

Carlos

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 26, 2011 1:53 PM   in reply to cmeira

I do not know why you are having the problem, but why not import the TIF into  Acrobat and place the text box via Acrobat?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2011 5:05 AM   in reply to cmeira

Problem seems to occur more often: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/838524

And I am having it too on Adobe Standard 9.4.4.

Text in text box from Word 2010 is not output in PDF (even not hidden). The text box background is copied over in the PDF. Reproducible. And if I put multiple text boxes on each other, sometimes a few or parts of characters appear.

I find Microsoft Save as PDF not an option, it has numerous worse bugs. Good to know that the problems also appears with Acrobat X. That save me an upgrade to test whether it has been solved by a newer release.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2011 5:26 AM   in reply to monty241070

I gave up and wanted to go back to the scenario 'Just patch it up in Adobe Acrobat'. After changing the background color fill back from green to 'No color'  in Microsoft Word, I printed it once more to PDF.

And voila, problem solved!

I tried the procedure of giving the text box a non-transparant color, printing it once, removing non-transparant color and printing again on another textbox. Again, the problem for that text box was solved too. Now the textboxes all have their text appearing in the PDF output. Lucky me.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 31, 2011 6:45 AM   in reply to cmeira

Hi

Microsoft has released a hotfix for the problem like the one mentioned by you. Please install the hotfix and let others know whether the problem is solved or not.

The URL of the hotfix is http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2596551.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points