Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sound.play() delay

Nov 18, 2010 Nov 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am building a small game engine optimized for android, everything works fine, and I can render around 100 animated sprites with a decent speed, but I am stuck with the sound.

when I play a sound there's a small delay, which is critical in action games, the first time I play a sound it runs fast, but after that there will be a delay.

I am using the usual:

var _mySound:Sound = new MySound();

_mySound.play();

I am using Flash CS5 with the android extension.

and testing on Samsung Galaxy S.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Nov 18, 2010 Nov 18, 2010

This is a known bug with the current version of AIR for Android, widely reported in the pre-release forums and logged with the engineers to be fixed.

Adobe staff have directly acknowledged it on those threads too, which I interpret as a good sign that it's a priority.

And yes, it is a pain!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known bug with the current version of AIR for Android, widely reported in the pre-release forums and logged with the engineers to be fixed.

Adobe staff have directly acknowledged it on those threads too, which I interpret as a good sign that it's a priority.

And yes, it is a pain!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmm I hope they fix this soon

I think air would be my perfect 2D games development tool after this issue is fixed, it's pretty fast with GPU rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 02, 2010 Dec 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can someone from Adobe please give an estimated time frame on this? Not to be impatiant, I am waiting to release my games due to delayed sound effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 25, 2011 Apr 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's so bad still....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2011 Apr 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're using mp3s right? Try wavs. They are bigger, but you don't get that delay at the beginning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 27, 2011 Apr 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

what bitrate do you use? and what phone do you have?

I still get horible delay when calling play() on any audio file, at least 600-700ms.

I use a droidX, i just tried wavs and mp3s, seem to be the same.

its so bad for sound effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines