Skip navigation
duiffie
Currently Being Moderated

FB 4 trial (4.0.1) ends soon, but i can only PRE-order FB 4.5: help !

Apr 15, 2011 4:06 AM

At the moment I am working with the Flash Builder 4.01 Trial and now I have 8 days left before it stops working. So I went to the Adobe Store to order FB 4, but I was surprised to fid out that Flash Builder only seems to be available in version 4.5 which only can be pre-ordered. Well, I did just that but at the end of this procedure Adobe lets me know that it might take untill May 3 before FB is available !

This means to me that the project that I have been working on is forced to a stop for 2 weeks!

Did I miss something out? This must be a mistake, or what? Otherwise I find this a totally unacceptable way of marketing Flash Builder. Are there any alternatives? I do not have FB 3, I must find a way to extend the trial of FB 4 or get FB 4 within a week to be able to keep working on my project.

Please help me out.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2011 2:56 PM   in reply to duiffie

Hi,

I asked our Fb Product Manager about this, and he said you would need to do this in the other direction: if you order FB4 now, you can get a free upgrade to FB 4.5 when it's available by calling Customer Service.

If you speak with Customer Service directly, they should be able to straighten things out.

-Chris

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 21, 2011 2:45 PM   in reply to duiffie

You could work with the preview version of burrito until May, that should last you the 2 weeks right?

|
    Mark as:
  • Joseph Labrecque
    46 posts
    Mar 10, 2005
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 22, 2011 12:28 PM   in reply to duiffie

Yeah, definitely echo the suggestion of using buritto in the interim.

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashbuilder_burrito/

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points