Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

12.0.4 install errors

May 3, 2011 6:02 AM

I had an install error because some plugin were turned off with a ~.

Fixed that but am now getting patcher already installed error. Were is that information stored? Or how do you remove it?

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 3, 2011 7:33 AM   in reply to Was DYP

>I had an install error because some plugin were turned off with a ~.

has this been confirmed by Adobe?

thanks

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2011 8:02 AM   in reply to Was DYP

>Not sure what you mean comfirmed by Adobe.

Oops, I was actually hoping for someone with Adobe to respond with info. I'd like to update but I'm going to hang around for some more feedback.

thanks for the additional info, but sorry you were not able to update.

regards

j

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2011 8:39 AM   in reply to Was DYP

>The original error log said "Unable to locate file to patch at "/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS5/Plug-Ins/File Formats/Pixar.plugin/Contents/Resources/Info.plist"

did the error log show up during the install or did you find it elsewhere?

thanks again

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2011 8:42 AM   in reply to - JM -

The ideal condition for a patcher to run successfully is that original files for which it is supposed to patch are not tempered. The patcher may have done some part of it's job before being errored out.

The best advice i can give you right now is to reinstall the product , it will bring it to 12.0 version and then apply Update again.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2011 9:11 AM   in reply to Anshum Arora

>The ideal condition for a patcher to run successfully is that original files for which it is supposed to patch are not tempered. The patcher may have done some part of it's job before being errored out.

since disabling plugins is pretty common, it would seem that the updater should be able to "pre-check" the installation before causing more problems?

j

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2011 11:26 AM   in reply to Was DYP

I'm also getting an install error.  It simply tells me that the install failed, period.  No other error message to even clue me in what is wrong.  Ran the support adviser and it tells me that there is nothing in the logs.  I've tried repairing permissions, rebooting, reinstalling base product.  Once that is done, the program wants to update to 12.0.2, which it does, and then attempts to update to 12.0.4 but fails every time.  I've downloaded the patch directly from Adobe, I've tried updating from within Photoshop, and have used the Adobe Updater.  I'm guessing the problem may be with a plugin, but god knows which one since there is nothing indicative.

Any suggestions.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2011 12:30 PM   in reply to Was DYP

My update is also failing.

ERROR: 8 Command ARKPatchCommand failed.

ERROR: 5 Command ARKPatchCommand failed.

ERROR: The following payload errors were found during install:

ERROR:  - Adobe Photoshop CS5 Core_12.0.4_AdobePhotoshop12-Core: Install failed

ERROR:  - Adobe Photoshop CS5 Support_12.0.4_AdobePhotoshop12-Support: Install failed

MacOS 10.5.8
    updating from PS 12.0.2

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2011 1:04 PM   in reply to mrfearless

Please perform the following steps:

1. Uninstall Photoshop CS5.

2. Clean everything under /Library/ApplicationSupport/Adobe/AAMUpdater/1.0 and User/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater/1.0

3. Reinstall CS5.

4. Run updater.

Thanks!

Irina Satanovskaya,

Photoshop QE

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2011 1:38 PM   in reply to Irina Satanovskaya

You must be kidding.. Do think working professionals have time to uninstall and then re-set up Photoshop.??????

This is the typical lazy tech support responce originally devolped by MS

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2011 2:08 PM   in reply to Irina Satanovskaya

Painful, but effective.

Thanks.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dr. Marc R. Feldesman 

Professor & Chairman Emeritus 

Anthropology Department

Portland State University

please reply to:  feldesmanm@pdx.edu

my PERS blog:  http://persinfo.blogspot.com

twitter: mrfearless47

+1(503)7320303

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2011 2:21 PM   in reply to Was DYP

I was unsucessfull in applying the 12.0.4 update until I read on here that if you have any plugins that are diabled using a ~ then the update won't work.  I went in to my plugins folder, and sure enough all the plugins had been disabled.  I removed the ~ in front of all the file names, re-ran the updater and it worked!! 

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2011 3:17 PM   in reply to Was DYP

I tired installing the patch a number of times unsuccessfully until I got rid of the ~ in my plugins folder. I'm running CS5 on OS X 10.6.7.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2011 3:35 PM   in reply to Irina Satanovskaya

That's crazy.

I am not going to completely un-install Photoshop and then reinstall. Of course, then I have to re-do all my settings and preferences and plugins and everything that goes with it.

All that for a stupid dot release? Are you kidding me?

Didn't have to do this with the 12.0.2 update.

Also - your directions are very poor. "Clean everything under..."  What is that supposed to mean? Drop the files in the washing machine? DELETE everything under that directory is perhaps what you meant to say?

If you're going to give people directions, please be precise in your instructions.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2011 4:39 PM   in reply to mrfearless

I don't have any plug-ins with a tilde (~) in front of them and I don't get any log entries when I run the support advisor, I just get "Installation failed" -- same with the InDesign updates from today.  Hate when this happens.

Sandy

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2011 4:42 PM   in reply to okyeron

You don't need to do all that.  Just blow away the two directories - they have virtually nothing in them.

Then, use uninstall to uninstall the software but leave all the setting, preferences, etc alone.  Reinstall the software, update and you're done.  All the plugins, all the preferences, all the settings and anything else you had set remain as they were before the uninstall.

As I said, it seems painful, but it fixes the problem and I lost nothing but 10 minutes to reinstall.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2011 4:53 PM   in reply to ssandhaus

Your situation is exactly the same as was mine.  See my answer immediately below your question.  Irina's method works perfectly and takes about 10 minutes.  Moreover, you lose nothing unless you remove all the preferences during uninstall.  Just leave everything as it is and follow her directions.  It works.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2011 7:42 PM   in reply to Was DYP

Uninstall cs5.  I also suspended my activation Reinstall cs5.  It will ask for your serial number. After you reinstall, update photoshop immediately.  It will update directly to 12.0.4 and all the current versions of acr, lens profiles, bridge and one or two others.   I found that EVERYTHING remained exactly as it was before the uninstall. So far as I can tell nothing is different except for what changed between 12.0.2 and 12.0.4.  One piece of advice.  When uninstalling ps5 make sure not to delete prefs, profiles etc.  That way, when everything is reinstalled after updating all your prefs, plugins, actions etc will remain as is.  Ps.  I meant ps5 where I wrote cs5 above.  Hope this is clear.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2011 8:02 PM   in reply to Was DYP

Really? How about creating an update that works. Who has time to unistall and reinstall and suspend and.....I will wait for CS6 I guess.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2011 8:14 PM   in reply to mdrdsr

The updater isn't going to work if you've moved or deleted files that it needs to update.

Right now the big failing of the updater is that it doesn't tell you exact which files are missing or don't match the expected content.

You have to dig through log files to figure that out instead of the updater just telling you what file caused the problem.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2011 10:53 PM   in reply to mdrdsr

I totally agree.  I am merely stating what the workaround is and that it worked for me.  There is no intent to exculpate adobe for putting together such a poorly designed in taller for the latest update.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2011 10:58 PM   in reply to Chris Cox

In dealing with the logs, it appears that deleting some of the language files will trigger a failure.  That should never happen because language files are totally unnecessary once you've chosen your preferred language.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2011 11:32 PM   in reply to Was DYP

Both updates fail, the updater from the Application Updater, and the one I downloaded from the site,

uninstall is not an option... This is only a minor update, what is wrong?

I also get this error code: U44M1P7

;(

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2011 12:06 AM   in reply to Was DYP

Also get errors from the Application Manager:

Dreamweaver CS5 11.0.3 Update

Installation failed

Dreamweaver CS5 11.0.4 Updater

Installation failed

Photoshop 12.0.4 update for Photoshop CS5

Installation failed

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2011 5:38 AM   in reply to Was DYP

I don't think anything is updated. For what I can see is that the installer looks for language packs and chokes on that. (Just copied the 3 last entries as installer is also yapping about a long list of other languages like Turkish, Polish, and I don't know what more.)

(....)

ERROR: The extension payload: Adobe Photoshop CS5 Chinese (traditional) Language Pack_12.0.4_AdobePhotoshop12-zh_TW  {E24190BD-9889-4225-BA79-B94BA3C83784} requires a parent with following specification:

Family: Photoshop

ProductName: Adobe Photoshop CS5 Chinese (traditional) Language Pack_AdobePhotoshop12-zh_TW

MinVersion: 0.0.0.0

This parent relationship is not satisfied, because this payload is not present in this session.

This payload will be ignored in this session.

ERROR: The extension payload: Adobe Photoshop CS5 Check Language Pack_12.0.4_AdobePhotoshop12-cs_CZ  {F8088B2E-D9FC-4D84-B9E2-5161693DDC46} requires a parent with following specification:

ProductName: Adobe Photoshop CS5 Check Language Pack_AdobePhotoshop12-cs_CZ

This parent relationship is not satisfied, because this payload is not present in this session.

ERROR: The extension payload: Adobe Photoshop CS5 North American Spanish Language Pack_12.0.4_AdobePhotoshop12-es_MX  {FE37D9E3-BD4A-4789-8F8A-20E889AEDC8B} requires a parent with following specification:

ProductName: Adobe Photoshop CS5 North American Spanish Language Pack_AdobePhotoshop12-es_MX

ERROR: 8 Command ARKPatchCommand failed.

ERROR: 5 Command ARKPatchCommand failed.

ERROR: The following payload errors were found during install:

ERROR:  - Adobe Photoshop CS5 Core_12.0.4_AdobePhotoshop12-Core: Install failed

ERROR:  - Adobe Photoshop CS5 International English Language Pack_12.0.4_AdobePhotoshop12-en_GB: Patch already installed

ERROR:  - Adobe Photoshop CS5 Support_12.0.4_AdobePhotoshop12-Support: Install failed

I think this is a serious buggy installer.

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2011 6:00 AM   in reply to Studio57NL

The patcher is made to install on all the languages on which Photoshop is supported. First few messages that you see for language packs are informatory messages. It reports that these languages are not found on system, you won't find your language pack ( English) listed here.

Your patch is failing for some other reasons. Can you inform if you ever moved any of your files or plugins before applying this patch.

There are steps which helped other users in resolving this issue. It would be helpful if you can inform if these work for you too :

1. Uninstall Photoshop CS5.

2. Clean everything under /Library/ApplicationSupport/Adobe/AAMUpdater/1.0 and User/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater/1.0

3. Reinstall CS5.

4. Run updater.

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2011 6:17 AM   in reply to Anshum Arora

I see, thanks for the info.

To my knowledge I didn't remove any of the standard installed plugins. However, some plugins I added like Xenofex and FontExplorer X. Do you think the patcher would choke on those?

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2011 6:20 AM   in reply to Studio57NL

Also, you never disabled or renamed any of the plugins ? Patcher should not fail if you add plugins. Can you please try to follow steps and report your results. Many thanks for your co-operation.

Regards

Anshum

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2011 6:24 AM   in reply to Anshum Arora

Well to be honest I don't want to put a lot of time in reinstalling CS5.

What I did remove are the fonts installed by Adobe. I moved them to a different location which I manage with FontExplorer.

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2011 11:44 AM   in reply to Anshum Arora

The uninstall, remove update folders, reinstall process worked for me. All customization made to Photoshop is still there. Reasonably painless and fast (15 min.) job, but it would have been nice if the installer just worked right.

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2011 2:43 PM   in reply to Anshum Arora

Hello there, the patcher fails for me as well. I have done NOTHING to my Photoshop installation, it is about as default as it gets. What do I do? I have tried downloading the standalone installer, and this fails as well.

To be perfecctly frank, this is getting ridiculous. I am a CS5 Master Suite customer, and I have had to reinstall it 4 times now, because it was the only way to get incremental updates to work. Adobe has a serious problem here, and I have half a mind to stop paying Adobe for their software if this is how they want to treat ne.

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2011 8:06 PM   in reply to Was DYP

It is probable that you've changed the standard installed plugins or folder name, I had same errors like "12.0  and  Installation failed,  because that  I changed the oraginal Plug-ins folder name "Digimarc" to "~Digimarc" to make it void.

hope above can be useful.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points