Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sending and receiving comments

New Here ,
May 03, 2011 May 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I hope you can help me.

I want to send and receive my comments from a file, but I don't know in how extension save the file.

I tried to save it with no extension and with an xml extension. But when I tried to receive the comments from a file, it appears a message that "The Help IP doesn't match, it isn't posible to import comments"

Thanks for your time.

PS. I speak spanish and my help is generated in spanish too, so I'm afraid i've mistaken some words. :S

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I follow. You want to use the option where a user can send comments to a file rather than a shared location. I'm not sure but I would have expected the extension to be XML but if not try TXT. If that files I will make some checks but that may take a day or two.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you post back, do tell us what version of RoboHelp you are using, 7, 8 or 9.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested with XML as the extension and the file was created OK with the comment. Having looked at your post again I think the problem is when you try to import that. If you are trying to import into an unrelated AIR help file, that will not work. You could try deleting the comment from the AIR help on the machine where you created the comment and then importing it back in.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version is RoboHelp 9, and I just tried to delete al comments and import the file, but the error message still appears.

I don't know where the error is, but I'll follow trying to discover

Thanks for your time, and if you find how to resolve it, i will be very grateful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you installed the AIR help or are you testing in Preview mode? It must be installed.

Open one of the sample projects and create an AIR output using one of the supplied layouts. Install that and try again. Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

If that works, see the AIR articles on my site and see that helps identify something you are not doein

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 06, 2012 Jan 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I m having the same issues.. Our commenting was working fine as i was able to see all my user comments + mine... All comments are still there as xml file inside our shared location but they do not show up anymore inside the AirHelp and if i try to import them it says HelpID do not match... I have never changed the help id

Anyone ?

Tx

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2012 Jan 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you using a signed certificate and has that changed?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp