Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insert blank page

Participant ,
Apr 29, 2009 Apr 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

does a simple "Insert Blank Page" in the menu exist in Acrobat 9? Sometime, all i need i to add a page the same size of the document without having to create one in InDesign or something.

Thanks

Ben

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 01, 2009 May 01, 2009

There's not a simple "Create new blank page" menu command that I'm aware of. Certainly sounds like something that should be submitted as a feature request, though. http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=7

That said, one way you can accomplish this is to go to File > Create PDF > From Blank page. (Note that it isn't completely a blank page, Acrobat assumes you're going to want to put content on that page, so a text box is added by default and which you can't delete. Th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2009 May 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's not a simple "Create new blank page" menu command that I'm aware of. Certainly sounds like something that should be submitted as a feature request, though. http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=7

That said, one way you can accomplish this is to go to File > Create PDF > From Blank page. (Note that it isn't completely a blank page, Acrobat assumes you're going to want to put content on that page, so a text box is added by default and which you can't delete. This shows up as a "Form XObject in Preflight.) Make sure the page dimensions match your original file. Then view thumbnails in both documents (Click on the pages icon on the left of your document window) and drag/drop the thumbnail from the blank page file to the file you want to add blank pages to. Or you can create a blank page from another application of your choice  :0)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 01, 2009 May 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can fudge a Blank Page as follows:

Open a application such as Word 2004/2008 or desired WP application.

next type a dot then a bunch of returns and the last item on page another dot.

¶

¶

¶

¶

¶

¶

.¶

¶ ' s don't show.

Now highlight all and choose font color, change to  same as background. now save file as BlankPage.doc or docx.

Now print this page as a PDF.

Now each time you need a blank page go to file menu and choose insert pages. slect this pdf and there is you blank page.

Technically it isn't but, to the naked eye it looks like one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2009 May 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

It looks like they already know about that one Phillip but are wondering if there was an easier way...

I normally have a blank PDF sitting on my desktop for the rare times I may need one. Normally, If I want a blank page, I build it in to the original document but they may not have the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~graffiti wrote:

PjonesCET wrote:

It looks like they already know about that one Phillip but are wondering if there was an easier way...

I normally have a blank PDF sitting on my desktop for the rare times I may need one. Normally, If I want a blank page, I build it in to the original document but they may not have the original.

That's the reason for directions. Sometimes you do not have original copy to create the PDF. You do this once and save here you can remember where you put. Then when needed, just insert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Philip. You really need to learn to read and comprehend what is being said BEFORE posting. Why post instructions for something that has no relevency to the posters question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The actual question was answered by th the original reply. There is no insert Blank Page ...

Then discussion as to how to insert a blank page ensued.

Which is where I jumped in to explain how to create one.

So yes I saw and comprehended the original Post.

----------

If you notice even on a manual sent in PDF, if a blank page is needed, almost always there will be relatively Blank except that a sentence on the lines of

"THIS PAGE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK" will be inserted some where on the page.

Acrobat or any product that can specificallyand only, creates  a PDF, does not, will not, or can not create a Blank Page there must be some type of content  on the page. Then if its just a series of periods or something that the color has been chaned to the same color as the background.

The New PDF Converter in Office 2007 (PC) and Office 2008 (Mac)  can do so. But the converter was designed by MS to recognize a supposed blank page. along with recognize, page and section breaks.

In any event the question has been answered one way or another.

So let us both drop the subject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really don't get it do you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 03, 2009 May 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Philip,

i create PDF for living so i know how to. But i work with different sizes of document and i dont want to create a blank one for each size everytime i need a blank one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 03, 2009 May 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know if you if have at least some type of content (hidden) on a Page. The blank page will take on the page setup of the Pdf your inserting in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've developed a script that does that with a simple click of a button: http://try67.blogspot.com/2009/05/acrobat-insert-blank-page.html

If anyone's interested in it, you can contact me by PM or email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 09, 2009 May 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

While Acrobat should probably get a command for this at some point, there's a nice option if you're working in OS X 10.5. Open your PDF in Preview and you'll find a very useful Insert Blank Page option in the Edit menu. And yes, it does match the page size of the open document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 11, 2009 May 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2010 Oct 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you... so simple is genius...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 04, 2011 May 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One thing I do is do a screen capture of a blank page and then insert that from the "Clipboard" insert function in PDF Pro.

It's pretty odd that Adobe didn't have this one figured out already.

I use PDFs to document process so I find I often use Acrobat as a kind of Word Processor...

Though I would prefer to just work in Acrobat, I have been using "Wordpad" to compile screenshots and text and then copy that to clipboard when I'm ready.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines