• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player installed but does not appear in programs or desktop

New Here ,
May 04, 2011 May 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Flash Player 10 today, as suggested by Adobe.  It did not install or something.  I looked everywhere...not there.  Later, my computer suggested I upgrade to IE9.  did that...no problem.  Retried the flash player 10.  Still no flash player.  I need this to post pictures online for my class.  This has totally screwed my day.  Any help or suggestions.  Adobe online chat help was useless with this one.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 04, 2011 May 04, 2011

Hello,

Do you have any contact Information, I can try to call you !!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums,

You will not find Adobe Flash Player in Programs List or in on Desktop as its a plugin for your browser

If Flash Player is not installed please download these installer and save them on your Desktop :

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_10_active_x.exe

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player.exe

Note : Make sure no programs are running when you are install both of them

Hope it helps !!

Thanks

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not work either.  I clicked on both links, clicked "run", followed all directions....still nothing.  I am so upset and frustrated.  This morning, after two attempts to update, I did remove the old version that was on my programs list.  But, I only did that after 10 wouldn't install anyway.  Now, I have nothing!  What is wrong?   I appreciate your help so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I did not save anything to my desktop.  It was not an option.  What exactly am I supposed to save to my desktop and how?  Sorry, for being the dumb one on here today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When you download those installers and clicked on Run,

Did they install successfully or not ?

Thanks

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that they did.  I got a popup that said they were installed and to click "done."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, they never require that I restart my computer like most do....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Do you have any contact Information, I can try to call you !!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can email me at [email address removed], I will send you my telephone number.  I am in Alabama...you may want me to call you....Thanks, Kristi

Message was edited by: Jochem van Dieten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You shouldn't post your email address in a public forum!  Spammers love to get email addresses that way...

What is your operating system and version?  Also, is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

What files do you have in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash (32-bit) or C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash (64-bit)?

On IE, Tools, Add-ons, do you have Shockwave Flash Objected listed, and is it enabled?

On IE9, do you have ActiveX Filtering enabled?

Did you have any malware infection recently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice.  Vik asked for contact info and I didn't know a better way to get it than through email.  I tried to edit and remove that info but cannot. I pray anyone who read it will be kind and not take advantage or will tell me how to remove that info!

Vik was able to solve the problem.  It had to do with my browser.  Thanks for time and knowledge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have asked a moderator to remove the email address; it should be gone in a few hours.

Glad you solved your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG!  That is so nice and so smart.  Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding the subject of this topic "Flash Player installed but does not appear in programs or desktop": Flash Player is a browser add-on, not a standalone program, so it will not appear in your Program Files or Desktop.

You can test if FP is working at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, you may be able to help with this...  I had to install Google Chrome as my browser in order for fp10 to install and work properly.  We couldn't get all my book marks saved in IE9 to export over to Google Chrome.  So, it makes it to where using Google Chrome is like fishing out of water and only useful for purposes like uploading videos/pics or watching youtube videos.  Is it possible to merge the info so I am not going back and forth between the two?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I can't help you with that - I use neither of these browsers.

Try here: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to upload my photos to my class website, the message I get says that "this uploader requires Flash version 9.0.45 or higher.  Since I have no flash, I cannot upload my pics as required for class tomorrow.  Thanks for you help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines