Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can't convert web page to PDF in IE

Nov 16, 2007 11:08 AM

Hi, I was using Window XP with Adobe Acrobat Pro 8. It's running pretty well. I just got a new PC with Window Vista Enterprise. When I installed the Adobe, I got problem asking for "AdobePDF.dll". Yes, I did hotfix #930627 and updated Adobe to 8.1.1 but there is still error. I can't convert the webpage to PDF in IE. I checked the plug-in in IE, all the PDF plug-ins are enabled. But if I clicked on the Adobe tool bar in IE, none of the menus responses. Same thing happens to the popup PDF menu.

Can anybody help me out?

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 19, 2007 1:34 AM   in reply to (Li_Tao)
    If you are not using Adobe's "Create PDF Online" web site, perhaps you
    need the Acrobat Windows forum.

Aandi Inston

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2007 2:21 PM   in reply to (Li_Tao)
    I have the same problem. Windows xp, new Adobe CS3 Web premium with Adobe Acrobat Pro 8.1.1 installed. all updates etc. From IE 7 the little Adobe menu choices do nothing.

Same problem applies to if I select TEXT on a web page and right mouse click to be able to convert the TEXT or links to PDF do nothing.

I have tried the repair install, and I also did a complete uninstall of Adobe Acrobat, and then re-installed... no help.

Hope someone has a solution... I have tried so many things, and still it just does not work.
    Thanks ~ aj

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 1, 2007 12:35 AM   in reply to (Allan_Bragg)
    Allan, if you have the same problem, I have the same reply. If you are
    not using Adobe's "Create PDF Online" web site, perhaps you
    need the Acrobat Windows forum.

Aandi Inston

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2008 12:05 PM   in reply to (Li_Tao)
    had a whole raft of problems setting up Adobe Arcobat and it will not print and never will if you try using the Print option Adobe printer.

Problem solved!!!! Yahoooooooo, but need to do the following ......

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=329345

This will allow the PDF Maker Icon to be dislayed on the Web browser IE 6 & 7.

If your having problems with all the other MS office applications then you will have to do the following

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4d951911-3e7e -4ae6-b059-a2e79ed87041&DisplayLang=en
    2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS

MS have obviously had a problem and the fix is available at the above link

Validation is required before you can download the file --------
    SaveAsPDFandXPS.exe
    Run the application.....

After that all MS Office 2007 applications have an extra tab added to the header called Acrobat with option

Create PDF
    Preferences
    Create and Attach to Email
    Create and Send for Review
    Start Meeting

I did try to install the file you suggested
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930627 but that didn't work So must be a combination of Windows XP 64bit and Office 2007

Well this has been a learning curve and may be of help to others.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 9, 2008 1:55 AM   in reply to (Li_Tao)
    wont you find the solution, me also facing the same problem help me , PM me

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 9, 2008 3:44 AM   in reply to (Li_Tao)
    http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=329345

copy the above link into a web page has the following information, so try one or all of the following. Its usually a config problem and the adobe support people were not very helpful in finding the answer, but hopefully the following will resolve the issue

PDFMaker icons are missing in Internet Explorer (Acrobat 6 and 7 on Windows)

Issue

The PDFMaker icons are missing in Internet Explorer.

Detail

You are using Acrobat 6 or 7 on Windows.

Solutions

Do one or more of the following solutions:

Solution 1: Unlock the Internet Explorer toolbar.

To determine if the toolbar is locked and unlock it if necessary:

1. Open Internet Explorer.

2. Choose View > Toolbars:

-- If the Lock The Toolbars option is selected, then click Lock The Toolbars to clear the check mark.

-- If the Lock The Toolbars option is not selected, then the toolbars are already unlocked.

3. Close Internet Explorer and then re-open it.

Solution 2: Set Internet Properties to enable third-party browser extensions.

1. Close Internet Explorer.

2. Open Acrobat and choose Edit > Preferences.

3. Choose Internet from the list of categories on the left, and then click the Internet Settings button.

4. In the Internet Settings window, click the Advanced tab.

5. Under the Browsing section, select "Enable third-party browser extension (requires restart)" and Click OK.

6. Start Internet Explorer.

Solution 3: Do a repair of Acrobat.

1. Start Acrobat.

2. Choose Help > Detect And Repair.

3. When the repair process is complete, restart your computer.

Solution 4: Make sure PDFMaker for Internet Explorer is installed properly.

1. Choose Start > Settings > Control Panel and double-click Add/Remove Programs (Windows 2000), or choose Start > Control Panel and double-click Add Or Remove Programs (Windows XP).

2. Click Adobe Acrobat [version] and choose Change. You will enter the Acrobat Setup.

3. Choose Modify from the Setup dialog box.

4. Expand Create Adobe PDF.

5. Click the Acrobat PDFMaker menu and choose "This feature, and all it's subfeatures, will be installed on local hard drive."

6. Click Next, and then click Update.

Solution 5: Disable Firewall, Antivirus, or Internet Blocker software.

Certain protection programs prevent plug-ins from loading in Internet Explorer. Disable any such software and restart Internet Explorer.

Original VersionsAcrobat Professional 6.0Acrobat Professional 7.0Acrobat Standard 6.0Acrobat Standard 7.0

TechNote DetailsLast Update: 01-04-2007
    ID: 329345

Permanent Link: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=329345
    Products Affected:
    Acrobat Professional

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2008 5:03 AM   in reply to (Li_Tao)
    Thanks for link

Good Luck.
    ______
    My Si tes

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2009 8:51 AM   in reply to (Allan_Bragg)

I am having this same problem.  Running Windows XP, our helpdesk just installed IE7 last week, and that has seemed to break the PDF conversion Add-ons for IE.  Running Acrobat Pro 8.1.3 and Dreamweaver CS3 9.0 Build 3481.  Under IE6 the export worked perfectly, under IT7 no go.  Any help with this would be appreciated!!!

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2011 7:45 AM   in reply to (Andy_Hanna)

I have Acrobat 9 Pro, IE 8 and Vista Home Premium (64 bit). Prior to recent MS updates, I had been able to convert web pages. After reading several of the fixes in this forum, I checked Tool bars, they were unlocked,. I then checked Ie's Internet Properties for third party extensions. It was not checked. I checked the box, closed IE, re-opened it and converted a webpage to PDF.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)