• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Policy file on rtmp video and BitmapData.draw()

LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2009 Apr 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I hope there is answer to my dilemma from server side stand point.

I have a video asset that is streamed from rtmp. Say, url is: rtmp://blah.domain.com/directory/anotherone/asset.flv

I need to invoke BitmapData.draw() on this asset.

There is crossdomain.xml file on http://blah.domain.com/crossdomain.xml that allows all the domains.

When is instantiate stream I write:

stream.checkPolicyFile  = true;

Also I load crossdomain from http://blah.domain.com/crossdomain.xml and rtmp://blah.domain.com/crossdomain.xml

I tried all the combination of the above.

In all the cases when I try BitmapData.draw() - I am getting:

cannot access rtmp://blah.domain.com/directory/anotherone/. No policy files granted access.
         at flash.display::BitmapData/draw()

So, does it mean that each final folder has to have it's own crossdomain.xml? Even though the root directory has one?

Also, it feels that requesting crossdomain.xml from rtmp would be odd.

Is there way around it?

Can anyone try to resolve my confusion please?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Flash Player clients are permitted to access data from streams in the directories specified in the Server-side ActionScript Client.audioSampleAccess and Client.videoSampleAccess

properties:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashMediaServer/3.5_SS_ASD/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d11a11afc95e-7ec3.html#WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d11a11afc95e-7fcb

HTH,

Jody

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player clients are permitted to access data from streams in the directories specified in the Server-side ActionScript Client.audioSampleAccess and Client.videoSampleAccess

properties:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashMediaServer/3.5_SS_ASD/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d11a11afc95e-7ec3.html#WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d11a11afc95e-7fcb

HTH,

Jody

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jody,

Thank you very much for your reply.

To make sure I am clear on it. If  videoSampleAccess is set correctly - there is no need for crossdomain.xml. Is this correct?

In other words, when Flash loads policy on the stream - it actually is looking for videoSampleAccess settings - not xml. Again, is my take correct?

Thank you very much again.

Andrei

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is correct!

Jody

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 18, 2009 Dec 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem but the solution hasn't worked for me.  I've tried different values on the 'Client.videoSampleAccess' property and none have worked for me.  My question is, if I really DON'T need a crosspolicy.xml file, what value do I need to use on 'videoSampleAccess' to get this to work?  This is my set up:

The SWF application:

C:/.../MyVideoPlayer/bin-debug/IMVideoPlayer2.swf

The video:

C:\...\fms3\applications\MyVideoPlayer\streams\_definst_\videoData.flv

The 'main.asc' file:

C:\...\fms3\applications\MyVideoPlayer\main.asc

The entire contents of the 'main.asc' file:

application.onConnect = function(client) {

this.acceptConnection(client);

client.readAccess = "/";

client.writeAccess = "/";

client.videoSampleAccess = "streams/_definst_";

client.audioSampleAccess = "/";

}

The client-side AS3 error triggered at ' vData.draw(vid)':

private function getRTMPSnapshot():void

{

var vid:Video = new Video();

vid.attachNetStream(_netStream);

var vData:BitmapData = new BitmapData(vid.width, vid.height);

vData.draw(vid);

// Add preview image to DataModel

_previewImage = Bitmap(vData);

}

The error:

SecurityError: Error #2123: Security sandbox violation: BitmapData.draw: file:///C:/.../MyVideoPlayer/bin-debug/IMVideoPlayer2.swf cannot access rtmp://localhost/MyVideoPlayer/. No policy files granted access.

at flash.display::BitmapData/draw()

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2011 May 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I have the same problem ...

I can do progressive download from http://my.sub.domain.com, but I can´t with rtmp://my.sub.domaim.com ... although I load policy files from there

(same file)

Is there a special syntax for RTMP?

I have crossdomain files on my "http" and "rtmp" server but the solution proposed here does not work at all ...

setting NetStream.videoSampleAccess to true just throws an exception telling me that there was a problem with the NetConnection ... even if I set up the stream after receiving "NetConnection.Connect.Success" ... I don´t want to sound grumpy but this is seriously irritating ... and IMHO this should be fixed

Adobe Flash Player team should also provide a comprehensive guide to the security sandbox instead of the "articles" that have been published years ago and that do not cover this specific case, 

If anyone has a solution I´d be pleased, because this is one of Flash Player´s less documented features (boo)

Thanks in  advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 05, 2011 May 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's a simple example that works for me.

FMS application:

rootinstall/applications/streamdata

The main.asc file allows access to all streams in all subdirectories of streamdata/streams:

application.onConnect = function(client)
{
    application.acceptConnection(client);
    client.videoSampleAccess = "/";
}

Here's the code snipped from the FLA file (let me know if you need the connection logic, too):

var bmp:BitmapData = new BitmapData(240, 210);
    bmp.draw(myVideo);
    myVideo.attachNetStream(ns);
    var bm:Bitmap = new Bitmap(bmp);
    bm.x = 360;
    bm.y = 150;
    stage.addChild(bm);

No crossdomain.xml file is necessary to grab BitmapData from an RTMP stream. Access permission is set in the main.asc file.

Hope that helps,

Jody

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines