Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Will adobe audition cs5.5 come with a free 30day trial?

Apr 18, 2011 10:36 AM

After completing a voice-over session today, I unplugged my audio interface and the software crashed. And every time I try to open up the session (.sesx file), audition crashes. So I've lost ALL of my work. I always send my crash reports to Adobe; and an Adobe rep in this forum said many bugs have been fixed since November. I've repeated asked for a more recent beta containing these fixes  (see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/833365?tstart=0) , however the closest I got to a response is from “Charles VW” who said “We'll make an announcement on this forum and elsewhere if anything else comes out” . I guess the announcement was cs5.5. But based on my experience with the 11/9/10 beta (http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/audition/) I would NOT spend the $350 to buy this software. I really want to use adobe audition because everyone says it's awesome. So can we PLEASE get the latest beta? If not, where can I download a FREE 30day trial?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2011 11:39 AM   in reply to donaldhorton.voices.com

Yes there will be a 30 day free trial just like other Adobe products.  You will be able to access it at adobe.com/audition when we ship CS5.5.   At this point, we've only announced it, so the beta is the latest that is available to the public at this point.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2011 9:58 AM   in reply to donaldhorton.voices.com

Hi Donald,

The beta doesn't actually force the users to upgrade, the beta will simply stop functioning.  If we continue to have the beta function, it could impact our revenue that we make on Audition CS5.5 because there would be a class of users that would already have their needs and workflows satisfied, but instead with a free beta (therefore choosing not to purchase Audition CS5.5 when it is released).  I'm sure many would agree that the beta is mutually beneficial to the users and the makers of Audition.  The users get a free app, and a method with which to provide feedback in order to get a product better suited to their needs.  The development team gets much wider test coverage for the application, gets crash reports in a timely manner that we can address, and has the joy (and I really mean that) of directly interacting with our users.

I appreciate you asking for a more recent beta, but that is simply not in the cards.  Anything we put out has to go through some rigerous and dedicated testing sweeps, a legal audit, and so forth.  We also have to create and support another user forum, put up information on the Adobe Labs page, and do a bunch of translations to several languages.  Plus several other things I'm forgetting.

I encourage you to try out the 30-day trial period of Audition CS5.5 when it comes out and continue to give us feedback.  Afterwards, we hope that you'll purchase an upgrade since it sounds like you're already a user of previous versions of Audition (inferred from your 'loyal users' comment).   Upgrade pricing starts at $99.00 US.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2011 1:54 PM   in reply to donaldhorton.voices.com

A clue is on http://forums.adobe.com/thread/838570?tstart=0, written April 14:

"I hope that everyone will at least give the 30-day trial a chance when it is available for download in about a month."

Chris

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2011 7:42 PM   in reply to Charles VW

Adobe,

I am curious, and concerned, about what will happen when the beta stops functioning. Will I be able to download the 30 day trial by then or will there be a period where I will not have any access to the program? I naively began a very important project with this beta and it would be heartbreaking to go weeks without access to it. And next, when the program does come out and If I buy it, will I experience any issues opening the work in the official version that I started in the beta version?

Thanks. Audition is dear to my heart and I have had a great time (forgetting the frequent crashes) with this beta.

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2011 7:42 AM   in reply to tmross1024

You can download the 30-day trial of Audition CS5.5 here: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=audition.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points