• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade from 4.0 to 4.5: previous serial not accepted

New Here ,
May 05, 2011 May 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Title says it all, I am upgrading from FB Pro 4.0 to FB Pro 4.5.  The 4.5 serial is accepted. When I enter the 4.0 serial to verify the upgrade, I am greeted with the message "The serial number is not for a qualifying product".  In fact the 4.0 serial is registered and has been since 4.0 was released. Anyone else have this issue? Any workarounds?

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 06, 2011 May 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've heard that there were problems with some of the Upgrade SNs distributed. If you contact Customer Support, they should be able to straighten it out quickly:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/

Let us know how it goes,

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2011 May 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, all I can say is that I have EXACTLY the same issue as the OP and after one hour on the phone with Adobe support (including "elevation to the highest level") I have gotten exactly nowhere. I even sent them a link to this thread. All support personnel can tell me is that I might have to pay for a "support incident" to resolve the issue. Mind you, this to install a product (upgrade) I've paid them for! If they DO refuse to do anything unless I purchase a support incident then you can be sure they're getting the upgrade back (in the form of a block on the payment with my CC company).

I like the product but if this is an example of the skillset of Adobe support it will be impossible to use it in production.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 11, 2011 May 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's alarming. I'm sorry that Support didn't help you on this.

I've escalated this to our Product Manager, and expect he'll contact you soon to help iron out the problem.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2011 May 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I hope so. Companies make mistakes, it's how they handle them that's important. I especially enjoyed the support rep's comment that this was "an issue that is completely new" to Adobe.

Thanks for taking the time to try and help me out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2011 May 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I am sorry that our support team were unable to resolve this for you.

Can I ask you to contact me off-list with your Flash Builder 4.0 serial number so that I can investigate further and get this resolved for you as quickly as possible?

My email is shorten at adobe.com

Thanks,

Andrew Shorten

Group Product Manager, Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines