Skip navigation
songswell.com
Currently Being Moderated

Question regarding the HTML5 video widget. Currently the widget falls back to flash with MP4 file.

Apr 26, 2011 2:59 PM

I have a question regarding the HTML5 video widget.  Currently the widget falls back to flash playing  .mp4 if browser does not support HTLM5.  How do you add additional coding so when it falls back to flash it uses an FLV file....or even better different flavors of FLV.  Below is my coding for the video callled "The Sala Mala" : <video width="960" height="540" poster="cover1.jpg"duration="10:53" preload="auto">

<source type="video/webm" src="salamala-stereo-chinese.webmvp8.webm" />                                                                                                                                         <source type="video/h264" src="salamala-stereo-chinese.mp4" />                                                                                                                                                              <source type="video/ogg" src="salamala-stereo-chinese.theora.ogv" />                                                                                                                                                         </video>

Should i add the following code?:  <embed src="video/salamala-stereo-chinese.flv" type="applicayion/x-shockwave-flash" width="960" height="540" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed>

The KalturaHTLM5 widget works great on newer computers and browsers yet won't play on older vintage computers hence i need to add FLV file type,

Thanks songswell

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 12, 2011 3:43 PM   in reply to songswell.com

Just put the code inside of the video tag like this:

<video width="960" height="540" poster="cover1.jpg" duration="10:53" preload="auto">

<source type="video/webm" src="salamala-stereo-chinese.webmvp8.webm" />

<source type="video/h264" src="salamala-stereo-chinese.mp4" />

<source type="video/ogg" src="salamala-stereo-chinese.theora.ogv" />

<embed src="video/salamala-stereo-chinese.flv" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="960" height="540" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed>

</video>

Nick

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points