Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with silent installation of Acrobat X Pro

New Here ,
May 16, 2011 May 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have a big problem deploying Acrobat X Pro in an enterprise environment.

I created an mst file by using Adobe Customization Wizard 10. Beside the usual information like serial, eula I added some registry keys for settings in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER section. After the silent installation using that mst everything is there except the current user keys.

When checking the registry I see that the custom registry keys are written for the system user but not for each user logging on to the client.

This way we have already configured Acrobat 9 and it's working perfectly with each user starting the application getting the settings automatically.

Adobe Acrobat X Pro 10.0.3

We are using CA Unicenter itcm for automatic deployment

Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

Can you list out the registry keys that you are trying to setup. I would like to try those myself with my customized build.

Thanks,

Vinod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vinod,

the most important one:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\10.0\Language\UseMUI

Name: dummy

Type: REG_SZ

Data: dummy

Thanks

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2011 Dec 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Daniel,

The installer runs under the system account, and so that is the "current user" from the installer's perspective. The installer will not enumerate all the user accounts on the computer.

One way to apply that registry setting for each user would be to use group policy. That would allow you to apply registry settings to each user at login.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines