• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Invalid Configuration Location error on startup

New Here ,
May 17, 2011 May 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed Flash Builder 4.5 on my Windows 7 Enterprise edition. I installed this using my username (not Administrator), which has local administrative rights. When I start the program, I'm getting the error

---------------------------

Invalid Configuration Location

The configuration area at 'C:\Users\Administrator\Adobe Flash Builder 4.5\cascaded\308971\configuration' could not be created.  Please choose a writable location using the '-configuration' command line option.

OK  

Any reason for this error and what's the workaround?

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 18, 2011 May 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks as if the eclipse/fb launch configuration is confused about which account to use on that machine. That path should be under your own profile as c:\Users\yourUserName\etc...

Here are some things you could try:

- launch FB 4.5 with the "Run as Administrator" option, by right-clicking the exe or the shortcut for it.

- if that avoids the error, make sure it doesn't return after quitting and re-launching without "Run as administrator"

Let us know what happens with that, and we can make further adjustments if needed.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2011 May 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can start it using "Run as Adminstrator", but then I can't access a drive that has been mapped to my user name. After I have sucessfully started it using "Run as Adminstrator", starting it normally gives me the same error pointing to the C:\Users\Administrator\... directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 14, 2011 Nov 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same problem in OSX Lion.

Any idea on how to fix on a Mac?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2012 Jan 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem in OSX. Used finder to go to the folder it was referring to. Opened the file info panel. Set the permissions to read and write. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2012 Sep 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!

Found a woraround to your problem...

Go to your Flash Bulder install directory and then navigate to the eclipse folder (something like <FB_install_dir>\eclipse\...)

There you will find a config file with the following lines (at the end of the file):

osgi.configuration.area=@user.home/Documents/Adobe Flash Builder 4.5/cascaded/<build_number>/configuration

osgi.shared.configuration.area=file\:configuration

osgi.configuration.cascaded=true

What you do is simply remove them. Afterwords when you start the Flash Builder again you will be prompted to enter a new directory to your workspace and everything will run smothly after that.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked perfectly. Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines