Skip navigation
MedInv
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Pro Error: Time.cpp-209

Sep 24, 2009 12:07 AM

Hello,

I need some help for Adobe Premiere Pro CS4.

Yesterday I installed the trial Version.

If I import a video file there comes the following error message:

Premiere Pro Debug Event

Premiere Pro has encountered an error.

[..\..\Src\Time.cpp-209]

Do you now where is the Problem?

What can I do?

Regards,

MedInv

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 24, 2009 12:34 AM   in reply to MedInv

Your source material.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 24, 2009 7:23 AM   in reply to MedInv

First, work through all of the steps here http://ppro.wikia.com/wiki/Troubleshooting
    If your problem isn't fixed after you follow all of the steps, report back with the DETAILS asked for in the questions at the end of that link

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 24, 2009 2:34 PM   in reply to MedInv

Per Harm's reply, tell us all about your source material. It is likely the cause of your problem.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 25, 2009 9:10 AM   in reply to MedInv

If I import a video file

The fact that you're "importing" suggests one of two things.  First, you're not a professional editor, but just a guy (or gal) who has a downloaded or ripped video they want to edit.  If this is the case, I recommend using consumer software.  You'll have better luck.

Second, you may well have some clue about video editing, but are tying to use media from an AVCHD or XDCAM EX camera.  In which case, the trial does not support anything MPEG for licensing reasons.  You'll have to test with DV, or purchase the program to get full support.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 11, 2009 6:29 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

I have also had exactly the same problem with fully licensed and updated software.

I also get it previewing or importing a wav file produced by the default settings of Windows XP Sound recorder.

Premiere Pro has encountered an error.

[..\..\Src\Time.cpp-209]

then it crashes the whole product.

This is certainly not a very graceful way for a supposedly professional application to fail to import or preview something.

I have not had anything like these problems with any other Adobe product - including earlier versions of Premiere.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 11, 2009 11:55 PM   in reply to Geematic

A supposedly professional application requires supposedly professional video material from a video camera.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2010 2:17 AM   in reply to Harm Millaard

I got a licensed and fully updated version of Premiere Pro CS4 (4.2.1). We recorded some audio in an older version of Premiere Pro 2.0 on another PC, because i'm running Windows 7 and my PreSonus Firebox isn't working on it. We recorded in wav format. When importing the audio, Premiere Pro CS4 gives an error [..\Time.cpp-209] and shuts down. Some help would be great!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2010 3:09 AM   in reply to MvBriemen

MvBriemen wrote:

I got a licensed and fully updated version of Premiere Pro CS4 (4.2.1). We recorded some audio in an older version of Premiere Pro 2.0 on another PC, because i'm running Windows 7 and my PreSonus Firebox isn't working on it. We recorded in wav format. When importing the audio, Premiere Pro CS4 gives an error [..\Time.cpp-209] and shuts down. Some help would be great!

Try deleting any Premiere cache files associated with the .wav file.  They have file extensions like .pek, .cfa, .xmp, .xmpses and have the same name as the .wav file.  Make sure to delete both 2.0 and CS4 cache files.  They may be in different locations.

Did you add any metadata to the .wav file when you exported it?  Did you change the timecode or sample rate?  Have you processed it in any other application besides Premiere between then and now?

-Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2010 7:01 AM   in reply to Jeff Bellune

Also, what are the Sample-rate and Bit-depth of the WAV file - 48KHz 16-bit? Also, is it PCM/WAV (uncompressed)?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2010 2:25 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Ditto for Bill's question.  What are format specifics of the file?

Also, are you importing the wave file into a new project, or are you trying to import an old project that's referencing that file?

(The time - 209 error msg you're referencing pertains to doing a time alignment operation with a framerate of zero, which is illegal.  I've never seen this happen with importing audio files, but I have seen things like this when loading older projects that have some kind of data corruption.)

Cheers

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2010 2:35 PM   in reply to MedInv

Are you by any chance using Cineform? The two times I have experienced that error, one was Cineform related, the other was Quicktime related.

Matthew

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2011 3:26 AM   in reply to MedInv

Hey all,

I'd like to dust this off as I'm hitting the same issues, I wonder if any progress has been made so far?

I can reproduce the bug from several different audio sources, including extracting audio tracks from video.  But we'll concentrate on the simplest form now to help debug.  I'm importing a wav file, either windows generated or VLC (ffmpeg) extracted, it is PCM, stereo, 16 bit and 48kHz sample rate.  I can import it into any project new or old & I've tried clobbering the "My Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro" directory.

Possibly related, but if I try and import an mp3 version of this track I get an "Error compiling movie.  Unknown error." message, after which the file does appear in the project but won't output any sound.

It seems in fact that the only way I'm able to get Premiere to output sound is by creating a "Bars & Tone" object, I've tried a host of other audio formats which all either crash or error.  Sort of suggests to me that it's not so much related to the content, but as the Bars & Tone track plays I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks,

James

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2011 7:37 AM   in reply to MedInv

OK we have found a workaround, which I'll put here for others that may hit the same issue.  In the lab here we map some standard windows directories to network drives along with our user accounts.  This includes things like "My Documents" and some temporary windows caching directories.  Other than the bug I've described there don't seem to be any other symptoms of this causing a problem, but as soon as we add and use a local user account the issue goes away.  So make sure all cached, project and installation resources are on the local system.

James

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2011 8:29 AM   in reply to mr_norris

Unfortunately, PrPro has never performed well in a networked environment. Especially in corporate and academic situations, networking is commonplace. I would strongly suggest filing a Feature Request for more networking support. As it appears that you have documented the issue for you, I would share all of those data with Adobe.

Good luck, and thanks for reporting your workaround.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2012 6:51 AM   in reply to MedInv

PLEASE HELP ABOUT THIS error.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2012 8:02 AM   in reply to nazaartanoli

Welcome to the forum.

Please read here:

Adobe Forums: "could not find any capable video play modules" error with HP Pavillon DV7

If you have more questions about this issue, please start your own discussion.  This discussion is about a different error.  Thanks.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2012 8:30 AM   in reply to Jeff Bellune

Thanks.. i will check that and come back you

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2012 9:22 AM   in reply to nazaartanoli

Thanks for the help.

|