It's my understand that Folio builder should automatically create preview in various locations within the documents. However I'm having problems creating any of these images.
1. Create a New Folio
2. Call it thumbtest
3. Highlight the folio and open Properties
4. Assign the Publication Name: Thumb Test
5. Select the folder icon next to the Vertical Cover Preview area and navigate to a jpg on the system and select Open
6. A loading animation is shown in the window
7. Select the folder icon next to the Horizontal Cover Preview area and navigate to a jpg on the system and select Opne
8. Both preview areas show loading animations
7. Eventually it stops, both the folder and trash can are now active but there is no image displayed in the window?
1. Open the Meridien Vertical layout in InDesign
2. Add an article to the thumbtest folio called Meridien
3. The Portrait layout preview window displays an animation
4. Eventually it stops but there is no image displayed in the window
1. In the Article view, highlight the Meridien article
2. Select Properties from the drop down menu
3. The TOC preview window contains a spinning animation but nothing happens and eventually it stops
4. Select the folder icon next to teh TOC Preview area and navigate to a jpg on the system and select Open
5. The TOC preview window contains a spinning animation but nothing happens and eventually it stops
Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong or if it's just broke?
Looks like you were doing the right thing. Acrobat.com had some issue yesterday afternoon and I encountered similar problem then. However the problem was solved and I was able to upload images fine in the evening. When did you encounter the problem? If it was about the same time frame, could you try again and see if it is better now?
Now this is interesting. The initial post about the problem with images showing up in the Folio Builder was posted while I was away from home and connecting to the internet via my Telstra Next G usb modem. I just arrived home and I'm now connecting via wireless through my iiNet Bob ADSL modem and all of the images are showing up rather than just the spinning icon.
Anyone have any ideas why this would be?
Europe, Middle East and Africa