Skip navigation
GraphicsDimension
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere cs5 Aliasing in footage, any help please?

May 20, 2011 7:43 AM

Hello to you all.

i wonder how many of you have had the problem of footage aliasing in PP CS5.

the problem is that when I import FOOTAGE from my camera into PP cs5, it shows ALIASING at the edges. When I view the same footage on windows media player, the footage is clean and sharp, NO ALIASING. Also I tried importing the same footage in AFTER EFFECTS and again, the footage there is clean and nice, NO ALIASING at the edges. So it must be something wrong in Premiere CS5. !!!!!!!   Anyone knows what am I doing wrong please or maybe there is a setting in PP that I`m missing?   Graphics card I`m using is the GTX285, with 12 GB ram. Windows version of PP CS5.

Also another problem that is really FRUSTRATING me, is that when I render out from PP cs5, to quicktime with codec MPEG4 or other codec, the result of the render is with MICE TEETH at the edges. I have tried the de-interlacing option, although my footage is PAL and interlaced, but for the sake of the argument, I tried de-interlacing and still the problem is there and can`t solve it. ANY HELP PLEASE !!!!!!! so I dont swallow as many sedatives as i`m swallowing now !!!!!

thanks for your kind assistance guys.

Patrick

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 20, 2011 7:58 AM   in reply to GraphicsDimension

Right click on your preview screen and check the playback resolution.

Sounds like you're exporting interlaced video and viewing on a computer monitor. If exporting for Web viewing, use progressive.

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2011 9:03 AM   in reply to GraphicsDimension

How are you judging the quality of your footage?  The built-in PP monitors aren't the best method.  They may show issues that don't exist in the actual material.

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2011 12:24 PM   in reply to GraphicsDimension

Does the sequence match your footage?

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2011 4:16 AM   in reply to GraphicsDimension

Show us some screen grabs of the problem.

Tell us what camera and source footage you are having issues with.

I have never heard of the issue you are having ....In fact ...first time I have ever heard the term ":mouse teeth" applied to footage!

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2011 3:32 PM   in reply to GraphicsDimension

It`s in PP that is showing aliasing.

Well, the honest answer here is, "Who cares?"  The monitors in any editing software are there to allow you to see the content.  They should not be used to judge quality.  For that, always use a properly calibrated external TV of the highest quality you can afford.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points