Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Neither Adobe Nav nor Color Lava will connect to Photoshop

May 11, 2011 11:20 PM

I can see the server I set up in Edit>Remote Connections..., but I can't connect with either app. I've turned off the firewall on my laptop, and I'm running from my home network. I'm running 12.0.4 on Windows 7 64-bit. I've tried both the 64-bit and 32-bit version of Photoshop.

I'm frustrated. I've wasted an hour trying to get a $5 app to work. I feel like I'm beta-testing for Adobe for $5/hour.

Any suggestions? If so, thanks in advance, but I'm about to give up.

Although it's a pain to ask for a refund on iTunes, I'm thinking of doing it out of protest.

Come on, Adobe, test your SW before sending it into the world!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 18, 2011 9:03 AM   in reply to nevetssf

have you tried the following troubleshooting document?

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/894/cpsid_89485.html

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2011 6:39 AM   in reply to Jeffrey Tranberry

I am also experiencing this problem and am frustrated.

I followed the directions in the troubleshooting doc, tried both hostname & ip address, and reviewed the instructions here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1MyhC7Ks20

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2011 6:40 AM   in reply to bradleyknapp

FWIW, I'm on a macbookpro running OS X 10.6.7 and PS CS 10.4.4 x64

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2011 8:40 PM   in reply to nevetssf

Probably the network change fixed it.

Bonjour only works over the local subnet - if your WiFi was on a different subnet then it would not see the Bonjour service, and you would only be able to connect via IP address or hostname. And if your router was hiding IP addresses, you'd have to setup a firewall rule for the Photoshop remote connection port and assign it to be forwarded to your Photoshop machine.

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2011 5:07 AM   in reply to Chris Cox

I have tried from 2 different locations and have not been able to get the ipad app to connect to PSCS

How do I resolve?

bk

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2011 9:09 AM   in reply to bradleyknapp

See the troubleshooting document in post #1.

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2011 9:17 AM   in reply to Chris Cox

as I stated in post #3, I have used the techniques outlined in the troubleshooting document with no luck

bk

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2011 11:05 AM   in reply to bradleyknapp

@Bradley

Some questions first.

1. Mac or Win?

2. If Win, have you tried installing Bonjour or iTunes?  Bonjour comes with iTunes.

3. Have you checked your firewall permissions on Windows?

4. Are there any dialogs open in PS when you are trying to connect?

Some things to try.

1. Connect both the iPad and PS logged into the same router?

2. If that does not work you could try to create a wireless ad hoc network for your iPad to connect to your computer.  This would not allow you to connect to the Internet but this way you could rule the router out.  You will not want to run this way for the long run this is just to rule the router out. This is for wireless only.

You can do this on Mac and Win.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Set-up-a-computer-to- computer-ad-hoc-network

http://www.thinkmac.net/tutorials/2009/7/27/create-wireless-ad-hoc-net work-mac-tips-daily-387.html

3. Try Entering a new temp password into the "Remote Connections" in PS.  Something like 123456  Try connecting again.

4. Double tap the home button on the iPad then tap and hold on the NAV app in the tool bar.  Wait til the X shows up and fully quit NAV.  Then press the home button one more time to go back to main iPad screen.  Tap NAV to launch again.  Try to connect now.

NOTE:  These are not steps these are just some ideas to try out.

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2011 12:04 PM   in reply to David Dobish

Also  you could see this thread here.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/850534?tstart=0

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 15, 2011 7:28 PM   in reply to David Dobish

I have tried all of the help threads, but none of them seem to be working.  I am running Photoshop CS5 Extended 12.1 (64-bit), I have no dialog boxes opened, I've enabled the program through the firewall, etc.  Whenever I try to connect my Win 7 64-bit Photoshop to my iPad's Nav app I can see my connection and input the password, but every time I try to connect it thinks and thinks and ultimately says "Server not responding."  I tried connecting through an ad-hoc network as well, but to no avail.  I'd love to use this app in my work, so please advise.

**UPDATE**  I just changed my connection name from *****'s Photoshop to *****.  Not sure if the apostrophe messed it up or what, but it's probably something to consider going forward.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 31, 2011 2:01 PM   in reply to nevetssf

Yup, more beta junk from Adobe.

Don't waste your time on this stuff—just un-install and move along...

Already been through this sort of headache with Adobe's InDesign Folio/DPS service.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2011 11:53 PM   in reply to dynodigi

dynodigi - what are you talking about?  Nav, Lava, and Eazl work just fine, even if a few people have trouble getting their tablet and desktop on the same network.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 3, 2011 11:29 AM   in reply to Chris Cox

What I'm talking about is Adobe's headlong rush into the tablet software market.

You know what I'm talking about. Adobe's DPS server being down for weeks while paid subscribers could not update their folio files at Acrobat.com.

Adobe's DPS service is not inexpensive by any means, so this adds up to many hours lost plus considerable expense.

We come to expect this sort of "beta experience" once in a while, but at the same time, it's always prudent to know when to move on and not waste too much time.

In this case a largely useless—in my opinion — remote controller for Photoshop — that I paid money for.

By the way, I did get it to connect via an Ad-Hoc network.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points