• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player 10.3 upgrade is essentially a computer virus...

New Here ,
May 15, 2011 May 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Flash Player 10.3 upgrade is a worldwide disaster -- I am losing money every second because Flash screens now appears in the upper left-hand corner of the browser screen -- the user experience is ruined until Adobe finds the time to properly test a new upgrade release -- leave it to the "rookies" at Adobe to release a software upgrade that automatically loads, but then does not work -- Adobe Flash Player 10.3 is essentially a computer virus that is being installed globally...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to sum up my opinion in this thread, I  have lots of post in the other long thread on this subject -Flash player 10.3 works but positioning is Way off--. That thread gave me a temporary solution to my problem. Here I would like to say that I would respect Adobe if they would have simply came out and said we made a mistake and will get a fixed version out soon. But what I got is being told to update a computer that is a few months old with drivers that may or may not fix the problem and could cause me more problems. As I have said before a new version should work with all computers that are at least 2 years old, it is stupid to think that everyone in the world will have all drivers updated to versions that are only a few hours old. Adobe could have made a thread here with the solutions found in the other thread and made the promise of a good version as soon as possible. I would also like to say here how much I appreciate the good people that came here and gave me help for the temporary solution to the mess of Adobe. A suggestion for Adobe, buy a few computers and test your product first. Lost a lot of time here this weekend but did learn a lot, if Adobe keeps this up I will be able to apply for a job at Adobe, maybe I could be CEO, or maybe not, I probably learned to much this weekend and would be over qualified. slybo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And robots are stealing my luggage!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, it is good to know I am not the only one with this problem. It only happens in IE9 for me. Chrome and Firefox work fine, especially Firefox with NoScript. I have the whole CS5 Master Suite installed, and Flash works perfectly everyplace I apply it except for IE9.

To be fair, this may not be Adobe's fault.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2011 May 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have google chrome also and if you do the address about:flags you see they do not have GPU acceleration on, it is off. Turning this off in IE9 is what allowed the new version 10.3.181.14 to run on my one problem computer. So it may be that Adobe did not fully look at how this feature would work on all computers. I am guessing that this might be the first version of flash that uses this GPU acceleration thing, anybody know? So not a virus but a new feature? So you might call it growing pains or Adobe fault or whatever, but I bet they will be busy this week looking at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2011 May 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FOR THOSE RUNNING IE9 ON WINDOWS 7 AND HAVE INSTALLED THE AUTOMATIC UPDATE FOR ADOBE FLASH PLAYER 10.3 - TAKE THE FOLLOWING STEPS:

Open IE9 Browser window > Click on "Tools" > Click on "Internet Options" > Selct the "Advanced" Tab > Turn on/Click the "Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering" > Click "Apply" > Click "OK" > Shut down and then restart your IE9 browser.

THIS WILL BE A TEMPORARY FIX FOR ANY ISSUES YOU MAY HAVE WITH THE CONSTANT FLOOD OF FLASHING ADS AND THE LIKE UNTIL A PATCH IS MADE AVAILABLE FOR THIS UPDATE.

OTHER QUICK FIXES WOULD INCLUDE:

1) UN-INSTALLING 10.3 AND RE-DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING 10.2 FOR THE TIME BEING. **BESURE TO AVOID RE-INSTALLING THE AUTOMATIC UPDATE OF 10.3 AGAIN**

2) DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING "MOZILLA FIREFOX" AND USING IT AS YOUR WEB BROWSER!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2011 May 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For those running into problems with Internet Explorer 9 and Flash Player 10.3, we have just released a test version that we're hoping resolves the problems you're encountering.

"A pre-release Flash Player to address this issue is now available for testing. We are very interested in hearing you feedback concerning this possible fix. If you should encounter any new issues please report these through our Adobe Flash Player Bug Management System. Please review the instructions on this page for details on generating the information we’ll need for further investigation.

Download Flash Player 10.3.181.15 Update

Important: Please note that this build is for testing and feedback purposes only and is not a full Flash Player release. By installing this binary you accept the terms of the Adobe Software License Agreement."

After installing the new version, please re-enable your hardware acceleration in IE9 if you had previously disabled it.  We'd like to know if this solves the problem for you, after trying it out please let us know.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2011 May 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this looks related.  you can track the progress here: https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP-6831

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2011 May 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to work just fine for me in IE9 with acceleration enabled.  Can someone suggest a page where the problem is obvious?

More and more software is moving into the realm of the GPU, so GPU drivers are going to have to be made more and more solid.  Up to now it was all about games (e.g., look at the release notes for a driver release).

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines