Skip navigation
josh_on
Currently Being Moderated

Text input in Air iOS with TLF

May 24, 2011 5:52 PM

I just asked this question here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/855971?tstart=0 but I think this might be a better forum for it.

I had just successfully published one of our projects on an iPod touch - and we were really impressed at how much worked straight away.  We were also impressed with the performance.  However one think that did not work was text input into a TLF field.  I published from a trial version of CS5.  When you tap in the input field (TLF) it gets a cursor - but no virtual keyboard is brought up - is there a special function that needs to be called?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 24, 2011 11:20 PM   in reply to josh_on

There is no special function to activate the native keyboard when it focused itz automatically get activated. Instead of TLF use with the classic text box and give it a try.

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2011 1:09 AM   in reply to relaxatraja

yea, classic input textfields trigger the softkeyboard themselves. we had no success with TLFs but found some kinda workaround if TLF is really necessary:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/beta/reference/actionscript/ 3/flash/display/InteractiveObject.html#needsSoftKeyboard

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2011 8:58 AM   in reply to josh_on

Unfortunately, using TLF for input fields is not supported on iOS yet.

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2011 9:22 AM   in reply to Marvin Blase

The InteractiveObject keyboard control APIs aren't supported on iOS, either.

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2011 2:29 PM   in reply to josh_on

Unfortunately, it is unsupported because of incompatibility between TLF and the text APIs available on iOS. So I can't say when or even whether it will be supported.

If, by "push notification" you mean the ability to to put a notification icon on the Android notification bar, then that should be available later this year. I'm not sure what you mean by update icon.

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2011 3:38 PM   in reply to josh_on

I'm not privy to the implementation details, so I can't discuss the underlying areas of the incompatibility.

Yes, it looks like iOS push notification will be possible. Note that the feature being added later this year allows you to program the feature in Objective C (on iOS) and integrate that into your AIR application. Notification won't be a built-in feature, at least in the short term.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 4:50 PM   in reply to josh_on

import flash.display.Sprite;

import flash.display.Stage;

import flash.text.*;

import flash.events.*;

var myTextInput:TextField = new TextField();

myTextInput.type = TextFieldType.INPUT;

myTextInput.background = true;     

myTextInput.text = "Search..";