• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Radio effect--like voice is on radio

Participant ,
May 24, 2011 May 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is/are the best audio effect or effects to apply to a sound clip within Premiere to make it sound like it is being broadcast over the car radio?

It's supposed to be modern broadcast in a current car radio.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 25, 2011 May 25, 2011

Well, you can look into some heavily adjusted EQ, and then maybe a hint of Reverb, or Delay. Basically, the "Radio Presets" are doing that, plus perhaps some more, and would be great starting points.

Also, there might well be some VST EQ plug-ins, that PrPro can use, and some might have "Radio Presets." This would be trial and error, as some VST's cannot be used by PrPro, and some will even hamper it from launching. In the case of the latter, just repeatedly launch, until PrPro has populated the

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2011 May 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not know about Soundbooth (included with CS4 & CS5 suites), but Adobe Audition (included on CS3 and on CS5.5 suites) has several Presets for "radio" and you might want to listen to those. IIRC, Au (at least up to Au 3.0) has several, AM, FM, FM Tiny Speaker, etc.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 25, 2011 May 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bill. I have Soundbooth maybe I can download a trial of Audition.

There must be a way to duplicate the effect in Premiere. Through help on this forum I was able to get a seemingly more complicated bullhorn/megaphone effect in PP CS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2011 May 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you can look into some heavily adjusted EQ, and then maybe a hint of Reverb, or Delay. Basically, the "Radio Presets" are doing that, plus perhaps some more, and would be great starting points.

Also, there might well be some VST EQ plug-ins, that PrPro can use, and some might have "Radio Presets." This would be trial and error, as some VST's cannot be used by PrPro, and some will even hamper it from launching. In the case of the latter, just repeatedly launch, until PrPro has populated the "blacklist" with all problem VST's. In older versions of PrPro, when a VST would load properly, but could not be used by PrPro, the user got a one-time warning message to the effect of, "_____.dll was loaded, but cannot be used by PrPro." Not sure if that message is still in PrPro, and remember, it WAS a one-time message only. For a bit more background on VST's, see this ARTICLE.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 26, 2011 May 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Bill. The 1940 preset on EQ is close enough to what I was going for that I'll use it.

Thanks for the info on VST plugins. It's good to know that PP has some kind of "immune system" if a plugin is negatively affecting the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2011 May 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are most welcome.

Usually, for whatever it is, that I need, I can never find a Preset to even get started, so have to kind of wing it, with hours of critical listening. Being much more of a video-guy, than audio, I end up with my ears bleeding!!!!

Glad that you found what you needed, at least as a starting point.

As for the VST's, things used to be tougher. One contributor, Eddie Lotter, was even writing a program to "blacklist" VST's. IIRC, Eddie hit a snag, when Vista was released. Adobe took up the banner. Now, it does take several launches, or more if one has a DAW with a lot of VST's, but the job does get done. I have requested the same for PrE, and it's in development, but no idea of when it will be implemented. Two things that would improve the experience would be more warning messages, during the blacklisting, and also the ability for the program to keep running, blacklisting VST's one at a time, until the blacklist was completely populated, rather than one VST per launch.

In the immortal words of Eddie Lotter, "Happy Editing!"

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines