• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

tn_19166

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2008 Jan 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help installing the Flash Player.

I may have (?) uninstalled Java, hoping to get more speed from my computer, not realizing that I needed it. Now Java is installed again, and the Java website checked and made sure it was the right one.

Now when I try to install the Flash Player, it gave me a website to go to www.adobe.com/go/tn_19166, well, I learned that this leads me to a "technical note" aka "tn" of 19166, I go there, follow the instructions for item 3, and had to change item 7..."Ensure that the Run ActiveX Controls And Plug-ins option is set to Prompt". So I did that. I even restarted my computer to make sure.

Go to install the Flash Player again, and it let me do the whole process, and then gave me the same technical note of 19166.

Try again, and then after checking the accept terms and agreement, the next page says "Internet Explorerhas blocked this sitefrom using an ActiveX control in an unsafe manner. As a result, this page may not display correctly." And it doesn't. It doesn't allow me to get the popup that says "install".

Then I went to the bottom of section 3 where it says "Download and unzip Install_Flash_Player_9_ActiveX.zip." and I click "download", and then I click "open" then double-click "install" and then "run" and then the same message about tn_19166 came up again. Then Adobe said that they cannot help me any further.

You may think that it is because of a firewall, and my Norton has cancelled my subscription (computer glitch that I am trying to now resolve as well, they asked me to update or upgrade, and I did, and now my remainder of my subscription is gone!), but I do have Comcast (ISP), but not finding their firewall, which I thought was included (but this I suspect may be a small piece of the puzzle).

I called Adobe and they cannot help me beyond the point of showing me the technical note. Can you please help me?! I know it sounds like I have a big mess, and Norton I will fix separately.

I do not know what to do at this point and need help!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please open a case with Adobe Support.

It’s recommended that you restart your machine after uninstalling software.

Important Note: These online forums are for user-to-user discussions of Adobe products, and are not an official customer support channel for Adobe. If you require direct assistance, or prefer to contact Adobe support staff directly, please contact Adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please ignore my comment about restarting your machine... I'm typing to quickly.

My guess is that this issue has nothing to do with a firewall:

Warning: The following solution involves the Windows System Registry. Editing or manipulating the registry incorrectly can result in serious system damage which may require re-installation of the operating system. If you are not comfortable editing the registry, then take your system to a professional. If you choose to proceed, then it is essential that you create a complete system backup and a Windows System Restore Point before proceeding. Adobe Systems cannot be held responsible for damage resulting from this information.

You can download the Microsoft tool, SubInACL and reset.cmd here:

http://www.supportflash.com/reset.zip

Download the “reset.cmd” and the “subinacl.exe” to the desktop
Close out all applications
Run the “reset.cmd” file
It will open a DOS like terminal and start running through registry keys
It may take five to twenty minutes depending on the system
When it is finished it will say “press any key to continue”
At this point you can download the latest Flash Player from here:

www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

To open a free Flash Player support case start here:

Important Note: These online forums are for user-to-user discussions of Adobe products, and are not an official customer support channel for Adobe. If you require direct assistance, or prefer to contact Adobe support staff directly, please contact Adobe support. http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2011 May 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever solve this problem, because I now have it and have had it for the last 18 months!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 25, 2011 May 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, we're going to let this thread go back to sleep. I'll reply to your thread you've started:-)

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines