Skip navigation
verdemantis
Currently Being Moderated

Extension Manager is not recognizing that I have Photshop CS5 Installed.

May 24, 2011 5:48 PM

Thus I can not install any extensions for Photoahop and this is a problem.  I have the CS5 Master Collection installed and the Extension Manager recognizes all of the other apps, just not the one I currently need.  I have already checked the XManConfig.xml file and it is there and appears glitch free.  I have already invested a significant amount of time into fixing this problem yethave made little progress.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 24, 2011 6:37 PM   in reply to verdemantis

Hi, verdemantis

Could you please provide more details about your problems on the following items:

1. What's your platform, Windows or Mac? And what's the the version and bit of your operating system, like Windows 7 32bit, etc.
    2. Are there any warning message when launching Extension Manager?
    3. Do you have old version of Photoshop or Extension Manager installed on your system, before installing Master Collection CS5?
    4. You can attach your XManConfig.xml file as attachment also, so that we could have a check on it.

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 25, 2011 8:49 PM   in reply to verdemantis

1. Your ExManConfig.xml file looks fine, except the following two lines. I guess it's because the file was opened by web browser or something.

- <Configuration>

- <VariableForExMan>
    Please open the file with a pure text editer like notepad, to make sure that there is no prefix ''-' bofore the above two lines.

2. Could you please confirm that, do you have any old version of Photoshop or Extension Manager installed on you system before installing Creative Suite CS5?

3. Since there seems no error in the config file, it's better for you then to provide the log files to make further analysis. Please follow these steps to generate log files:
    • Create a new empty file "ExManLog.YES" and put it to the install folder of Extension Manager, normally it locates at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Extension Manager CS5\" for 64bit system, or "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Extension Manager CS5\" for 32bit system.
    • Launch Extension Manager CS5.exe, it shall be started correctly. Then close it.
    • The log files are generated under your home folders, normally they locate at "C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Extension Manager CS5\".
    • Please package all the *.log files and attach it on this forum. I'll send you my email address via private message in case you don't know how to attach files.
    • Please delete the ExManLog.YES at last.

4. It might take some time to do the analysis from our side. For your side, you can try to uninstall and re-install the master collection, and see if it works.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points