Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop Updating flash player

New Here ,
May 23, 2011 May 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

i work in a corprate environment and we are always having issues when adobe releases a new version of flash player.

We do not have enough premissions to install the updates.

Is there any way to get an install package or something that will not ask for the updates? Just have one version and never have to update?

I know there may be some people against not upgrading but this is the only way. Apart from giving users premissions to do this. But i dont think this is an option.

Can anyone give me some advice?

Regards,

Steve.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2011 May 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your pain Steve, but at the same time when Adobe releases a new version of flash most of the

time it is respone to a security issue or a software bug fix. Try looking at this Adobe document on how to turn off automatic updates:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/167/16701594.html

I am in a corprate environment too and I wish Adobe would come out with a customization tool like they have with Adobe Reader, which will give us IT pros a sure way to turn off auto updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2011 May 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dolphin_cst wrote:

I am in a corprate environment too and I wish Adobe would come out with a customization tool like they have with Adobe Reader, which will give us IT pros a sure way to turn off auto updating.

There are several ways, see http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player_admin_guide.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2011 May 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can disable update notifications: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager05.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2011 May 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you disable automatic updates, then when the websites in question update their flash you've got to go out and RE-APPLY to be able to distribute flash, download the MSI AGAIN and push it out to your network AGAIN. which would be fine if there wasn't an update every single week.

there needs to be a fix for allowing non administrative updates or installs, or make it easier for administrators to get the files they need

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines