• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player does not work

New Here ,
May 25, 2011 May 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yotube Works fine, but sites like IGN or Hulu do not.  The ads play, but then the player fails to load the video.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

I've downloaded the latest drivers for both my graphics card and the latest version of Adobe and have tried installing/reinstalling them several times.

I use Fire Fox as my browser, and it just stopped working properly one day...

When I look in the plug-ins, the shockwave player is up-to-date, but they do not show the red icon, just the default blue looking lego.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2011 May 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JAGX02 wrote:

When I look in the plug-ins, the shockwave player is up-to-date

What version is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2011 May 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2011 May 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried DLing the .15 beta cersion, and messed around w/ the hardware/software acceleration, to no avail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2011 May 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Are you using IE9?

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, FF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2011 May 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What settings should I be looking at?  It all seems pretty basic, like permissions and size of storage, but that stuff never changed, and I don't know what settings would necessarily affect the ability to load videos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 29, 2011 May 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, If you have those Settings as you want them then that is fine. I've been told after a Flash Player update, the Settings need reset, so I was just wanting you to check them.

Now, in addition to Security features with the 10.3 update, there is now a Flash Settings Panel Manager. Go to Control Panel and take a look at these and set those how you want.

Now, those apply to IE8/IE9/FF4. How you have your Cookies and History set upon closing the browser have an effect now.

This involves the browser(Temp) Cookies and the LSO's(Local Shared Objects). Following is what a member of the Flash Player Team has posted:

Hello, Please uncheck the checkbox in your browser to delete cookies upon exit. Starting with 10.3, Flash Player has implemented the Flash Player LSO clearing feature to remove Flash LSOs (sometimes mistakenly called Flash cookies) from the browser context. Therefore, if this checkbox is checked, your Flash Player LSOs (saved games, saved logins) will be deleted as well. More info on this feature can be found here:http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/901/cpsid_90194.html#main_lso Thanks, StephenFlash Player team

Hi eidnolb,
This is really not as complicated as it seems.
So far, browser vendors who have implemented this functionality have chosen to combine cookies with Flash LSOs with regards to clearing history. This should give you the granularity that you need: If you clear your history and you tell the browser to clear cookies as well, Flash LSOs will be cleared. If you clear your history but you don't select cookies, Flash LSOs will remain on the machine.

Of the currently shipping browsers, IE8, IE9 and Firefox 4 have chosen to combine cookies and Flash LSOs. Earlier versions of these browser don't support this new functionality. Other browsers may support this functionality in future versions.
Thanks,

Stephen

Flash Player team

Hulu is pretty fast on supporting updates of Flash Player so I wouldn't think that would be a problem. Do you use adblock or adblock plus? Any popup blocking software? Any extensions/addons/plugins in FF that would conflict? Sometimes those may not have presented a problem prior to a Flash Player update or a browser update, but may afterwards. Since Flash Player works thru the browser, it's always something to keep in mind.

What about RealPlayer? Do you use that?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2011 May 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm I wasnt finding the 'control panel' settings, unless they are the same as the global settings on the page you linked me to earlier, then they are the same settings found in different places. Flash Settings Panel Manager, what/where in control panel is it?

I don't use real player.  I do use the trackerblock addon for FF, but tinkering with that didn't change anything.

I hope they release an update fix for this soon workarounds are annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 30, 2011 May 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Click on Start and then Control Panel. You should see the Red Flash Player logo. That is it.

Trackerblock would interact with the new Flash Player Settings Manager. Do you think Trackerblock is conflicting with the Website Storage Panel Settings? Or any of the other Settings?  Many websites use the LSO's(Flash cookies) so that would be something to consider as well. Especially when deleting Cookies when your browser closes deletes the LSO's.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2011 May 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disabled trackerblock and it didn't fix it...

I'm in the Adobe settings manager via the control panel, but there are a few things I want to ask about before I mess with them.

Should I hit the delete button under advanced, where i can delete browser data and settings?  I'm honestly not sure if/why one would delete flash settings with this option for every day users?

Aso, it says I have no Active X installed, does this matter/where should I get it if I need it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Under the Advanced Tab, before deleting, I would look under the Storage Tab, which explains that some.

Then I would go to the Global Settings Panels and read about the Local Storage Settings which gives more detailed info.

Where did you receive a message that you don't have the ActiveX Installed? I'm not clear on that

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in the control panel under advanced tab, it says my flash vesrion, but says no Acive X is installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks. Under the Advanced Tab, the 10.1.181.14 is listed by ActiveX version. Plug-in version: not installed( I don't use any browser except IE) 

So for you the version # is listed for Plug-in version, since you use FF. If you haven't Installed Flash Player into IE, then it would not list it for the ActiveX version.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to check the system requirements here for Hulu: http://www.hulu.com/help Look also what Player they use, their own or WMP or? I've always found if a site has the system requirements then that is very helpful since websites may have different requirements.

What is the URL for the IGN you listed?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2011 Jun 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well my PC is new, and it worked before this update, so it can't be the system reqs.

Here is a link:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/245923/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-tue-may-31-2011

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/05/31/ign-rewind-theater-campaign-trailer

None of the Hulu or IGN videos work, it appears that I can only view youtube vids.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I didn't have any issue with Hulu. I did find this regarding Hulu and Firefox. Some of the posts are about 1 year old. However, the solutions would apply. Since McAfee was mentioned and a Firewall were two conflicts, I thot you may want to read this.

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/673117

I use MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) that have no addons in the browsers & Windows Firewall. Using IE8 with FP 10.3.181.14.

The other site I didn't view any videos, since by doing so I had to agree to their rules. Perhaps the same problem with Hulu would apply to IGN. (If you find that McAfee and or the Firewall is a conflict)

Even though with the previous version of FP you didn't have a problem, perhaps a McAfee update may have.

In your Firefox plugins, is the Shockwave Flash plugin Enabled and do you only have one listed?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm I do have Mcafee, I'll tinker around with that, perhaps it is an update from them that is messing things up...

I'm looking at my plug-ins, I have "Shock Wave Flash" enabled, I also have something called 'Shockwave For Director' enabled, it says that is a plug-in for director netscape???

Tried Ff safe mode, didn't solve it.

I'll try disabling the latter and post results, along with checking the firewall.

Hmmm Mcafe won't open, something is amiss... now to create an account on their forums...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2011 Jun 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I FINALLY fixed it.

After reading threads about firewalls, I tried to check Mcafee, but it wasn't working properly.  I made a post on Mc's site, and they said it was a buggy IE beta that was messing it up, so I unistalled that, but Mc still didn't work.  I couldn't even uninstall it!  So, I had to dl a removal tool from Mc (guess they have issues and developed a way to save you once your anti-virus goes berzerk).

Anyways, so I un/reinstalled Mc and lo!  Now Flash works!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, That was strange that McAfee wasn't working properly, but things do happen. So they had you use the Removal Tool and then reinstall. I wouldn't see where IE would have anything to do with it, since you use the FF browser.

Glad that fixed it for you. It's not easy to find out what is causing a problem.

That Shockwave Director you mentioned, that is the plugin for the Shockwave Player you have Installed. Not related to Flash Player though.

I do appreciate you posting the issue and how it was resolved. Also if you would mark your thread as answered, it would be helpful for other users, since many use McAfee & perhaps that may be something they could check. In fact I am helping on another thread that is having a problem similiar to yours. Can't remember if they use McAfee, but will have them check their Anti-Virus just in case.

Regards,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run the Mcafee removal tool to fix that program, also try re-installing IE ro fix Mcafee to allow flash to work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks JAG, I've bookmarked your thread for others to check if they have this problem

If you decide to Install Flash Player in IE, you can use this link:

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/fp_distribution3.html  Use the "Download EXE Installer" and SAVE it to your Desktop.

You would not need to use the Uninstaller if you don't currently have FP in IE.

However, you would close all browser windows, disable McAfee, disable any instant messenger services in the system tray.

Run the Installer, then Reboot. Then re-enable all that you Disabled.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines