Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

AME Freezing Issue

May 29, 2011 4:52 PM

Ok so I have a project recorded on all canon DSLRs and my sequences are no longer then 5 min. I want to use AME to queue up all 6 sequences to render them. I am exporting each sequence to the H.264 Vimeo HD preset. Everything gets into AME no problem, but when I click the start arrow, the first sequence just stays at 'waiting.' While this is goin on, nothing ells on my computer will respond. I can open up folders, but new applications/web pages will not load. If I try to close anything that may be open, it will not close. I attempt to end the process in the task manager, and the window and process will go away, but everything will still be stuck as is. The only way to fix this is to unplug the computer and reboot. I have no issues exporting my sequences by just clicking export in Premiere. I have not been able to find anything that seems to be going wrong in the Event Viewer, but I may not be looking in the right place. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Specs:

Adobe CS 5.5 (all applications up to date as of May 29th 2011)

Intel i7 2600k

12gb DDR3 RAM

EVGA GTX 470 with GPU Acceleration selected in Premiere.

7200RPM HDDs

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 1, 2011 10:30 AM   in reply to bandgeek8910

We've had a couple of other similar hangs reported where Cuda hardware acceleration is a key piece of the puzzle. Do you have a Cuda-enabled graphics card, with Hardware Acceleration enabled in PPRO? If so, please switch Video Rendering & Playback to "Mercury Playback Engine Software Only" (Project > Project Settings > General) and then try queueing to AME again. Also, please report what graphics driver version you're on.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points