Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Resume on exit Captivate/Presenter

May 27, 2011 12:41 AM

Help wanted.

Currently I am trying to set up E-learning courses with both Captivate 5 and Presenter 7 to be presented in a LMS (It's learning). Since I am rather new to this field I made some experimental projects in Scorm 1.2 format that I tested in the LMS. The test case for Presenter works fine in relation to reporting and resuming the lessons. However the test case (a different design) for Captivate gives me problems with both the reporting and the resume on exit.

Evidently the most simple solution is to use Presenter only. However I have not been able to insert user interactive Flash content in the Presenter project. A feature that is possible in Captivate. For the courses I'm setting up this user interactive Flash content is necessary.

I have been trying to find individual differences in the two different scorm packages. Tried to survey differences in the HTML and JS files but have not come to a working solution.

Is there anybody out there, experiencing the same problems? Even better someone with a solution to my problem?

TIA for any answer. 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 28, 2011 10:39 PM   in reply to E-coach

I've not used Adobe Presenter but a couple times for very simple PPT conversions. We do use Articulate Presenter a lot which seems very similar (and a bit more...robust). In Articulate, you have to add a Flash component via a menu item....I don't recall the process offhand (software not on this computer).

How about these links:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Connect/6.0/Presenter/help.html?content=WS 3a32668ae8e7984c61736e10b1fbedbaf-7fd9.html

http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2009/01/flash_presenter/index.ph p

http://www.adobe.com/education/resources/hed/instructional/connect/col laborative_teaching/pdfs/add_flash_adobe_pres.pdf

However, if Captivate is better but the issue is with reporting and resume, then what specifically are those problems?

Erik

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 30, 2011 6:52 PM   in reply to E-coach

1) did not resume on the last viewed page:

Is 'always send resume data' (or something like that) checked in the Preferences for the project?

Technically, a lesson should set the 'cmi.exit' value to 'suspend' in order for an LMS to send back the 'lesson location'. Captivate 4 and previous did not do that, not sure if CP5 does. If a lesson does not set cmi.exit to suspend then, technically, the LMS should not return lesson location. Some LMS products enforce that, some do not. In our LMS, there's an option to 'always send resume data' and ignore the cmi.exit value for exactly that deficency in some authoring tools.

2) did not report project  progress:

That's a bit more loose - what do you expect to be reported as 'progress'. 'cmi.progress_measure' support is not always supported by an LMS and I doubt any version of CP reports that. However, CP will report a quiz percentage...and every LMS should support that. To see a quiz score percentage, you must have 'scored interactions' somewhere in the lesson for CP to evaluate responses and determine a score.

3) no score;

Same as above, regarding score/percentage.

Just post to this forum or, better, then Captivate forum for future inquiries. Lots more folks to respond in these forums than just me alone!
    Erik

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points