Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Stop Motion With OnLocation CS4???

Nov 5, 2008 4:50 AM

Hi,

I'm missing something here I think. There are also no references to Stop Motion or Time Lapse in the Help Files of OnLocation CS4...

There are at least Help files on Stop Motion and Time Lapse in CS3.

How do you do Stop Motion in CS4?

In CS3 there was a Stop Motion button you pressed to record the screen and move on to the next frame using the SplitScreen Overlay to create an Onion Skin affect.

But how do you achieve this with CS4 as there is no stop motion button!

Cheers

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 10, 2008 8:09 AM   in reply to (Darren_McNeill)
    You didn't miss anything; CS3's stop motion features didn't make it into CS4.

While rewriting OnLocation and porting it to Mac OS X, we prioritized creating a high quality cross-platform product, over including every feature present in previous releases.

We recognize that stop motion was used by a small-but-exceedingly-passionate(!!!) subset of OnLocation users, and apologize for any inconvenience.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 14, 2008 11:24 AM   in reply to (Darren_McNeill)
    Translate that to: "We had a hell of a time trying to make that work under OS X and it was a lot easier to just drop it."

But you still have your CS3 version to use, don't you? I queried on peaceful coexistence of both versions on same PC and the answer was a reassuring affirmative.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 1, 2011 2:21 PM   in reply to (Darren_McNeill)

I also want to make some stop-motion films with a dv-camera conected to my PC. I have the CS4 Porduction premium. Is there any way to make stop-Motion with the connecte camera?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)