Skip navigation
guswebb
Currently Being Moderated

Flash file unexpected format cant open my file :(

Jun 1, 2011 5:42 AM

Hi,

I have been working on a project for a week and suddenly it crashed during save (nothing strange had been imported or anything i just saved after moving content around) and now i cant open my file again. I contacted adobe support who claim that since the problem is related to the file this is not their problem, what a load of HORSE ****, who should i contact about this dell if its an FLA FILE!?

Anyways would anyone be kind enough to help me resolve this problem? I have already renamed the file to flash.zip then opened with WinRar and repaired as a new zip file to a different folder (which removes the corrupt content which is document something.xml) then i tried renaming this folder back to flash.fla however the file still does not open.

Would really appreciate some help here .

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 1, 2011 5:54 AM   in reply to guswebb

Unexpected format means that the original fla file is created in the advanced version. Now you'r opening that file in the older version. Convert it from the advanced version to the old version which will open your file.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 1, 2011 10:45 AM   in reply to guswebb

Did you save your  file on a Network ? What were the last few steps  before saving and closing the file .

Can you please email your fla to us at mailto:FlashAuthBetaBugs@adobe.com? Please note that our filter system cannot accept .zip file. If you are to zip your fla, please change the file extension from .zip to .zzz.

Thanks

Sukhi

Flash Authoring  QE

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2011 3:28 PM   in reply to guswebb

Hi All,

Today we have released  Flash CS5.5  update . This update contains fixes for opening and saving some Flash  Professional files (FLAs) in CS5.5, and other bug fixes.

Please download  Flash CS5.5 updater .

You Can download from  Flash > Help > Updates .

Thanks
    Sukhbir

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 4:31 AM   in reply to Sukhi12

Hello,

Please read the following blog post for a solution to the Unexpected File Format Error:

http://blogs.adobe.com/flashpro/2012/07/24/unexpected-file-format-erro r-on-opening-flash-files-using-flash-cs5-5/

Regards,

Suhas Yogin

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points