• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Web service return types constantly reset

New Here ,
May 02, 2011 May 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Flex 4 app I'm creating in Flash bulider premium 4.0.1.  This app connects to a Web serivce that has about 20 operations that power various aspects of this app (A dashboard, with many different data sources)

Every time I need to import a new operation from the Web service, I right-click the Services object and add the operation.  When I click finish, all of my operation return types get reset to AnyElement/Schema.  These are all .NET Web services returning Datasets.

Screenshot

http://screencast.com/t/abM1CbXi

This really sucks, because every time I add a new feature, I need to reconfigure every return type of every operation.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2011 May 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have an answer for this??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2011 Jun 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really a pain, can anyone help? Probably won't purchase Builder 4.5 if I can't get this resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2011 Jun 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be a bug - I have filed http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-31123 for you track. As a workaround, Can you import all the operations to avoid this?

Thanks

-Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2011 Jun 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, the issue is that we are adding new operations to the service all the time.  Each new feature we want to add we have to reconfigure the return types of now 25 operations.  Each time we're having to hunt down the name of the correct return type that's already been defined and half the time we end up with return type names like 'asdfasdfasd' because the developers are frustrated and have to do it over and over.  We have nearly 250 value types defined now...many are unused

Thank you for the response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines