Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

FlashPlayer 10.6 Plugin Crashes Safari

Jun 2, 2011 9:24 PM

MacBook Pro, OS 10.6.7

FlashPlayer 10.6 is constantly crashing the Safari (5.0.5) browser. Each time I get the following message:

Problem Report for Safari

Safari quit unexpectedly while using the FlashPlayer-10.6 plugin.

Any information how to fix this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 2, 2011 9:51 PM   in reply to siys79

The latest released Flash Player version is 10.3

From where did you get version 10.6 - is this a beta version?  If so, please post in the appropriate beta forum.

If not, please specify your full version number - check at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 3, 2011 1:40 PM   in reply to siys79

Hi, See if this thread is helpful:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/785468?tstart=0

eidnolb

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 3, 2011 5:20 PM   in reply to siys79

Hi, I just thot of something else. Do you use Click-To-Flash?

Thanks,

eidnolb

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 3, 2011 6:19 PM   in reply to siys79

Hi, no I wouldn't recommend using it. I asked because some Mac users with Safari do use it. The purpose of it is Flash content is blocked, then if a person wants to view a particular website with Flash content or videos, they "Click-To-Flash". Which some users use it as a Security measure.

I've seen your other thread, but the issues are not anything I have experience with. Hopefully someone that does will respond. The regular active Helpers here on the Forum sometimes can't be on at all times, due to other circumstances. Time Zones, etc.

If you have the Shockwave Flash plugin Enabled as you've checked, then something else must be blocking or causing it to crash. One thing would have been that Click-To-Flash if it was not turned off.

Is it only a certain website that this happens on or all sites that have Flash content or videos?

What about youtube videos? Are they working properly?

I'll look in my folders and see if there is any info there that may help.

Thanks,

eidnolb                 EDIT: I meant to ask if you had used that test site that Pat asked about it Post #1? This will give some info, especially the

version of Flash Player that is Installed. That error message you received is confusing.

Message was edited by: eidnolb  add'l info

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 3, 2011 7:30 PM   in reply to siys79

If I understand correctly you use this Mac with Safari to monitor the radio program. And it goes blank after 8 hours or so. Now that is a separate issue.

You have 2 separate issues, but one machine or two?

The issue with T-Mobile may be related, hard to tell yet. Was there an error message when that happened?

You mentioned you first noticed this when that Mac Software Update was Installed. This may be the problem, since that would go along with that error message you posted. That error message says Safari quit unexpectedly while using the Flash Player -10.6 plugin. But the Flash Player plugin is NOT a 10.6. That's why Pat asked you about that. To me, that message makes no sense. I think the 10.6 is referring to the edition of the OS and this may mean something about that Mac Software Update. Whether my assumption is correct or not, I'm not sure. I just know the error message is not making sense to me. Did the Mac Software Update Install some type of a 10.6 plugin ?

This time, using Safari go to this test site and let me know if you can see the Flash logo animation and what version of Flash Player is displayed as Installed?

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Thanks,

eidnolb

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,455 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 7, 2012 2:59 PM   in reply to siys79

Do you have a bug number that I can look up?  I suspect it was "Flash Player Plugin Crashes on Mac" (2985346) where you discussed a crash that occurs in 10.6 and 10.7 after 4-8 hours of use.  However, the notes in the bug report show that we were *unable* to reproduce the crash after playing a 9 hour video.

When this crash occurs, do you get an Apple crash log?  If so, can you post it here?

Thanks,

Chris

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points