Error Converting Web Page to PDF?

Apr 28, 2011 3:38 PM

Just recently my adobe acrobat 9.4

refused to convert web pages to pdf. I get the following message:

Error Has Occurred

Line:11

Char:3

Error: Permission Denied

URL:res//C:\ProgramFIles/Commonfiles/Adobe/Acrobat/ActiveX/AcrolEFavCl ient.dll/AcrolEcaptLRE.HTML

Does anyone know what this means and why it just started occurring after I've had the program for a few years?

I tried the modify/repair function which does nothing and uploaded all updates but I'm forced to resort to copying the relevant info

by copying to a word program. Any ideas?

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 5, 2011 5:45 AM   in reply to Sjpvacny

I've gotten the same error ever since I downloaded IE9. I reinstalled Acrobat but it didn't help.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2011 3:21 PM   in reply to Sjpvacny

Hello,

I'm sorry you're having trouble. Unfortunately, this forum is for Acrobat.com. Acrobat.com provides online services for meetings and collaboration on documents, and we can't help with problems specific to the desktop version of Acrobat.  I'm happy to point you in the right direction.

Acrobat Users moderated forums:
    http://forums.adobe.com/community/acrobat

Good luck!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 9, 2011 2:01 AM   in reply to Sjpvacny

Thank you for posting. Me too experience that error  when I tried to convert my payroll webpage to pdf but when I update my browser to the latest version I find no problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 9, 2011 8:33 PM   in reply to Candy Maston

Candy Maston wrote:

Thank you for posting. Me too experience that error  when I tried to convert my payroll webpage to pdf but when I update my browser to the latest version I find no problem.

Are you mean the problem lies in the browser? rgmorey said he update to the latest IE version but he still has that issue. I don't have this problem and I use two browsers, IE and firefox.

I install a pdf creating tool and it can be served as virtual printer to save web page as pdf. And it also allows you to add password and compress text or image of pdf file to reduce the size. In my opinion, a better way to preserve webpage content to largest extent is to save webpage as image firstly then convert it to pdf file. 

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 9, 2012 8:07 AM   in reply to Sjpvacny

Finally, here's the solution

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/896/cpsid_89623.html

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 9, 2012 12:22 PM   in reply to Sjpvacny

Moving this thread to Acrobat forum, since it's not related to CreatePDF service.

Dave

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points