Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Fireworks CS5 11.0.1 Not Updating

Jun 15, 2011 10:10 AM

Hello, this morning I woke up to the Adobe Updater open with an update for Fireworks. I've never come across a problem with update installation but the program will not update. The error message is as follows:

Fireworks CS5 11.0.1 Update

There was an error installing this update. Please quit and try again later.

Is there a way I can find out the reasoning for the update failing?

May someone help me with this?

Thank you.

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 15, 2011 10:14 AM   in reply to jordancable

Same issue; Not that I ever use Fireworks, but the little adobe application manager now sits in my toolbar, mocking me.

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Jun 15, 2011 10:17 AM   in reply to rdayaustin512

Fireworks CS5 11.0.1 Update
    I keep getting this

Installation failed. Error Code: U44M1P7

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2011 10:17 AM   in reply to jordancable

Okay so a few things just happened:

1. Adobe AIR Updated itself
    2. I downloaded the patch .dmg from here: http://www.adobe.com/support/fireworks/downloads_updaters.html and ran it. It installed successfully.

The Adobe Application Manager icon no longer stares at me accusingly. Phew.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2011 10:20 AM   in reply to rdayaustin512

yeah download it form adobe.com, it worked for me too.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2011 10:39 AM   in reply to rdayaustin512

Still get same error code using the download updater from Adobe site.

Guess I'll try and uninstall and reinstall and see if that works.

Why can't Adobe ever write updaters that works,
    have in the past had some problems with various Adobe updates too. Usually it has been due to the update itself and I have either had to wait for Adobe to fix it on their update side going through the akemia or whatever it is versus their main page updates. I have also had a few problems there too with their updates crapping out and had to wait for the fix even there or the next update.

There was I know one update they did a while back for DW that drove me nuts trying to get it to install and apparently there was something from their previous update that was causing the failure and one had to delete a particular file to get the newer update to take until they fixed their update installer or something like that if I remember right.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2011 2:48 PM   in reply to jordancable

Hello

This problem continues for me, even after following the suggestions on this page. Please advise if others are still having this update problem.

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2011 3:51 PM   in reply to jordancable

Concuerdo absolutamente con la solución que señala rdayaustin512, para instalar se debe realizar lo siguiente:

1.- Actualizamos Adobe Air

2.- Ingresamos al siguiente link: http://www.adobe.com/support/fireworks/downloads_updaters.html y descargamos el archivo necesario para mac o pc.

---

I agree absolutely with the solution rdayaustin512, to install should do the following:

1 .- Adobe Air update

2 .- Go to the following link: http://www.adobe.com/support/fireworks/downloads_updaters.html and download the file needed to mac or pc.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2011 4:13 PM   in reply to .Lhuis

Thanks for the suggestion. I did exactly what was recommended -- updating Air and then installing the Fireworks 11.0.1 update. At least in my case, I am getting the same error message.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2011 5:45 PM   in reply to nicholaspeters

Ditto. Updated Air, did everything described by earlier posters, to no avail. (Similar issues trying to update Acrobat 9.4.4 to 9.4.5 earlier today).

Why can't Adobe write an updater that works? They're as bad as Microsoft these days. Worse, actually.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 5:29 AM   in reply to TN Dawg

#

Possible failure of Fireworks CS5 0.1 patch could be because some file is modified or missing after  the previous installation (Fireworks CS5).

If fixes suggested earlier in this thread (update Adobe AIR) do not work, please, try reinstalling Fireworks CS5 and  then apply the 0.1 update again. A system restart is also recommended.

If even this does not solve the issue, contact Fireworks Team directly: http://adobe.ly/FWwish

In case you would like to contact Fireworks Team, it would also help if you could share the install logs from this location before re-installing Fireworks:

1.      mac: /Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers/Adobe Fireworks CS5 11.0.1  <date>.log.gz

2.      win XP: <installdrive>:\Program Files\CommonFiles\Adobe\Installers\Adobe Fireworks CS5 11.0.1  <date>.log.gz

3.      win vista/7: <installdrive>:\Program Files  (x86)\CommonFiles\Adobe\Installers\Adobe Fireworks CS5 11.0.1   <date>.log.gz

Hope this helps!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 6:49 AM   in reply to jordancable

Hi All,

We have investigated the update failure on Mac. For Mac users, if update failed the first time, we would suggest following the steps mentioned below before updating the patch again.
      -        Launch Extension Manager CS5 and check whether the AIR Export Extension has been uninstalled from your machine.
      -        If so, please reinstall this extension /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fireworks CS5/Preinstall/REMOVED/AIR Export using Extension Manager CS5
      -        Try updating the patch again.

This should install the update successfully.

Thanks
    FW Team

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 7:03 AM   in reply to Priyanka

Adobe AIR Extension for Fireworks ver. 2.0.7 is installed; I did what is outlined below and got the message that AIR Extension for Fireworks.mxp conflicts with the already installed AIR Extension for Fireworks (even though the file in the REMOVED folder was named AIR Export.mxp, as described below). Same result: installation failed.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 7:06 AM   in reply to Priyanka

The approach described below had the same result; installation failed, error code U44M1P7.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 7:23 AM   in reply to jordancable

Yep. Same here. The extension is installed. The update failed. I even re-installed Fireworks from the DVD this morning. Again, the update failed.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 7:29 AM   in reply to jordancable

Does not install, same problems as above.

Just as long as the update doesn't crash my computer, which Adobe has been known to do in the past!

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Jun 16, 2011 7:34 AM   in reply to Priyanka

I have tried re-installing the extension - I get the conflict message and click Replace. Restart machine.

Installation still fails (with no meaningful error message).

FWIW Console show this line in the log (/Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers/Adobe Fireworks CS5 11.0.1 06-16-2011.log.gz)

ERROR: 42 Unable to locate file at "/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.Fireworks.11.0.0.plist"

Is the Fireworks prefs file supposed to be at this location?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 7:35 AM   in reply to Priyanka

I can't seem to locate the AIR Export Extension.

However, I do see the Adobe AIR Extension for Fireworks.

Is this the extension that should be removed?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 7:52 AM   in reply to TN Dawg

I too have the exact same issue. It will not install (via updater or file) and I have updated the Air as well.
    I also share the same installer sentiment.

--<< NOT to change the thread ... but I have the Master Suite and Soundbooth has NEVER worked.

Not even after hours of phone support with engineers.

The "info-exchange" that all the packages have right now just is not working.

In CS4 it was After Effects.   :|

I need to get work done.

I can't send time troubleshooting all my products. >>--

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 7:55 AM   in reply to siebert1057

The AIR Export extension is here:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fireworks CS5/Preinstall/REMOVED/AIR Export

The Adobe AIR Extension for Fireworks is the one you see in Extension Manager

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 8:01 AM   in reply to jordancable

BTW, I have FW on a Windows 7 machine and the update yeseterday went flawlessly, so I know this is a Mac-only problem. Same sentiments. I had to troubleshoot the Dreamweaver update last month with similar error messages.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 8:11 AM   in reply to yachts999

this does not exist on my machine.

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fireworks CS5/Preinstall/REMOVED/AIR Export

it stops at:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fireworks CS5

there is not Preinstall ...

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 8:20 AM   in reply to msill

You may be looking in the wrong /Library. It is not the one in your Home folder, it is the one found at the HD level.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 9:36 AM   in reply to jordancable

Just got off the line to Adobe Support and they were able to fix the issue.

This is what worked for me.

1. First of all, don't use the Application Update Manager - it doesn't work for Fireworks. Use the standalone update from

http://www.adobe.com/support/fireworks/downloads_updaters.html

2. Find the folder AAMUpdater at /Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater and drag it to the desktop.

3. Do a search for "adobepatchfiles" using the Search area in a Finder window.

4. Move all of the found folders to the trash.

5. Update Fireworks using the standalone updater you downloaded.

6. Move the AAMUpdater folder back to its original location.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 9:48 AM   in reply to yachts999

still a "did not work"

I got the same error screen.

I put the AAMUpdater folder back.

I'll wait on a plan B  

Thanks for the post though.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 9:48 AM   in reply to yachts999

This did not work:

Adobe Fireworks CS5 11.0.1

Installation failed. Error Code: U44M2P7

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 9:57 AM   in reply to TN Dawg

Sorry to hear it didn't work but then I never got an error numbers, just "an unidentified error occurred".

I though this process was general enough to apply to others, I guess not.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 2:21 PM   in reply to yachts999

I followed the first part of yachts999's reply and downloaded the updater from the Adobe site. Then, I moved the AAMUpdater folder at /Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater and draged it to the desktop as suggested. However, I did not trash the adobepatchfiles as suggested after finding three different folders in three different directories.

When I clicked on the Fireworks updater, the update worked. Fireworks and all the other CS5 other apps are working as well.

It really should not have to be this hard...

Hope this helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 2:35 PM   in reply to jordancable

Hi,

I have AIR Export Extension installed, but nor Adobe Updater, nor the updater downloaded from Adobe's web site worked. I'm on a Mac, latest OS version.

Pri Herur: May I please ask the support guys at Adobe, to not suggest customers to reinstall the whole CS when anything wrong happens? Please understand that this consumes a lot of time, removes custom settings, and if does not eventually solve the issue can be very irritating.

In any case, having to reinstall everything for an installer that does not work does not appear very logical. Maybe a smarter solution can be found? Software based on Sparkle, for example, work like a charm.

Best,

Paolo

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 2:47 PM   in reply to Paolo Tramannoni

Adobe's history of making updaters that work has never been that good.

When Macromedia owned Fireworks and Dreamweaver, their updaters ALWaYS WORKED.

Adobe seems to blame their customers when something doesn't wor, when it is they who should to taking the blame>

Quality control seems to be non existent at Adobe>

The only updaters we seem to continuously have trouble with is Adobe, never Apple, Corel, even Quark does a better job and making updaters that work.

have tried everything mentioned in this thread and nothin works.

ADOBE FIX YOU UPDATERS, If you can't then hire an outside vendor to do it correctly

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 11:07 PM   in reply to nicholaspeters

Sadly it's not Mac only issue. I have CS5 Design Premium on a Windows 7 Professional, and the installation of the patch fails without a specific error message beside a generic "Something is wrong, try again".

This happens no matter if I use the 'Update...' menu command from any CS5 app, or run the downloaded update manually.

Another source of confusion might be that I use an english language version of the CS5 on a russian language version of the Win7.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 11:10 PM   in reply to jordancable

Hello everyone,

Sorry to note that you are facing problems while updating patch for Fireworks. Could you provide the log files associated with the installer, so that we can analyze the issue? The installer logs are available at the following location:

• On Mac: /Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers/Adobe Fireworks CS5 11.0.1  <date>.log.gz
    • On Windows XP: <installdrive>:\Program Files\CommonFiles\Adobe\Installers\Adobe Fireworks CS5 11.0.1  <date>.log.gz
    • On Windows Vista / Windows 7: <installdrive>:\Program Files (x86)\CommonFiles\Adobe\Installers\Adobe Fireworks CS5 11.0.1   <date>.log.gz (64-bit Operating system)

<installdrive>:\Program Files\CommonFiles\Adobe\Installers\Adobe Fireworks CS5 11.0.1   <date>.log.gz (32-bit                    Operating system)

In case of reinstallation, you need not reinstall whole Creative Suite, you can reinstall only Adobe Fireworks and check whether the Update works fine.

Thanks,

FW Team

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2011 12:14 AM   in reply to Krishna Prasad B V

Sure thing, I have attached the log file you asked for.

Nevermind, I followed the recommendation to reinstall FW from the original source. In the suite installer I only checked the FW. It took like 8 min to reinstal.

After the reinstallation the 11.0.1 update finally succeeded. All my preferences seems to be intact. I also ran the 'Update...' menu item, and the updater found updates to seemingly all suite products; it all updated successfully.

Message was edited by: Konstantin Homatyano

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2011 12:06 AM   in reply to Paolo Tramannoni

Yes, Paolo. I agree with that. Uninstalling/Reinstalling entire CS is not an optimum solution.

Is it possible for you to share the log files with me? It is present at the following location: /Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers/Adobe Fireworks CS5 11.0.1  <date>.log.gz.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2011 1:57 AM   in reply to jordancable

Frustration, but some random efforts got it the patch applied correctly:

However, not a slick experience/ #adobefail

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2011 2:37 AM   in reply to Priyanka

Pri Herur,

I could not find a specific log for Fireworks, nor in the /Library/ or in ~/Library/ path. What I could find was an Adobe Setup Error.log.gz file, with the same date and time of the latest effort of updating the app. Please find it in your personal mail.

Best regards,

Paolo

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2011 3:40 AM   in reply to Paolo Tramannoni

I received it.

Thanks, Paolo.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2011 6:09 AM   in reply to jordancable

Please! Does anyone know why Adobe continues failing? It's getting very worrying when you depend on their software.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2011 6:21 AM   in reply to jordancable

Yes, this is all pretty irritating... not sure how many of us use Fireworks anyway.

My contribution: downloading the update from the Adobe site directly seems to have worked.

The Mac 11.0.1 installer: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/fireworks/updates/cs5/11_0_1_7/Fire works_11.0.1_All_AdobeUpdate.dmg .

Hope this help y'all.

_KMP

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers