Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

corrupt download file for install flash player

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2011 Jun 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FILE NAME     install flash_player osx_intel(1).dmg

I get repeated reports that the install file is corrupted.BUT I GET THE MESSSAGE, " The type of Flash Player version that this browser is running, MAC 10,3,181,26 " I close down all opened browsers as instructed with the install process. Then I reopen them.  When I go to the site that needs Flash Player, it says I need to install it. However I have the report that it is already running.  When I check plug ins for Firefox, Flash Player isn't listed.

I have tried to install with Firefox, Opera, Safari and I get the same results.  What should I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, If you've downloaded Flash Player you then have to Install it. What Operating system are you using?

It appears it is a Mac, but the edition info is needed to make sure you meet the system requirements.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did install it. That is why I have the message that Flash Player is

running. But all my browsers do not have it recognized. (I did close

all browsers when the install told me to and then restarted them when

directed to.) I am using Mac op sys x 10.6.7 Thank you for replying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Check in each of the browsers that the Shockwave Flash plugin is Enabled.

You may want to review this Mac Troubleshooting Guide to make sure everything was followed.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/865/cpsid_86551.html

Repairing Permissions with Mac is always a must per other Mac users. I don't use Mac but am just relaying what they have said.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't know that Shockwave Flash had anything to do with this! Once

I got it enabled, the sites requiring Flash Player worked. My problem

is fixed. Thank you so much. I would never have figured this out on my

own. None of the support said a thing about Shockwave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again, I'm glad you have it working also. Although I'm quite surprised whereever you checked didn't mention that Shockwave Flash plugin. That is the Control for Flash Player, whether in a Mac or a PC (for non-IE browsers) An IE browser has an ActiveX Control. Without each of those, Flash Player cannot work:-)

Thanks for posting back and letting me know it is fixed

Don't forget to mark you thread as answered if you would also.

Regards,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines