Skip navigation
Rashad200487
Currently Being Moderated

Using Lightbox Widget I can't get the (Next) and (Prev) buttons to show up in broswers except IE

Jun 20, 2011 8:30 AM

I am using  Lighbox Gallery Widget for my site and when I click on the lightbox images, I can't get the (Next) and (Previous) buttons to show up in any of the following broswers.....(Chrome, Opera, Foxfire) but they show up in Internet Explorer. Also The (Close) button shows up in every broswer so this is really throwing me off. Below is a link to my page where I am having the problem. Any help is much appreciated, I plan to launch the site in the next couple of weeks.

http://www.luckielosers.com/Build.php

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 24, 2011 8:16 PM   in reply to Rashad200487

There is a problem with the location of the images. Look at the constructor

<script type="text/javascript">
    // BeginOAWidget_Instance_2127022: #gallery

$(function(){
                $('#gallery a').lightBox({
                    imageLoading:            '/Thumbnail Widget Files/images/lightbox/lightbox-ico-loading.gif',        // (string) Path and the name of the loading icon
                    imageBtnPrev:            '/Thumbnail Widget Files/images/lightbox/lightbox-btn-prev.gif',            // (string) Path and the name of the prev button image
                    imageBtnNext:            '/Thumbnail Widget Files/images/lightbox/lightbox-btn-next.gif',            // (string) Path and the name of the next button image
                    imageBtnClose:            '/Thumbnail Widget Files/images/lightbox/lightbox-btn-close.gif',        // (string) Path and the name of the close btn
                    imageBlank:                '/images/lightbox/lightbox-blank.gif',            // (string) Path and the name of a blank image (one pixel)
                    fixedNavigation:        false,        // (boolean) Boolean that informs if the navigation (next and prev button) will be fixed or not in the interface.
                    containerResizeSpeed:    400,             // Specify the resize duration of container image. These number are miliseconds. 400 is default.
                    overlayBgColor:         "#000000",        // (string) Background color to overlay; inform a hexadecimal value like: #RRGGBB. Where RR, GG, and BB are the hexadecimal values for the red, green, and blue values of the color.
                    overlayOpacity:            .6,        // (integer) Opacity value to overlay; inform: 0.X. Where X are number from 0 to 9
                    txtImage:                'Image',                //Default text of image
                    txtOf:                    'of'
                });
            });

// EndOAWidget_Instance_2127022
    </script>

The only images that can be found

lightbox-blank.gif

lightbox-ico-loading.gif

lightbox-btn-close.gif

I have found the next button here images/lightbox/lightbox-btn-next.gif which is not what you have in the constructor - /Thumbnail Widget Files/images/lightbox/lightbox-btn-next.gif

Correct the above and all is well.

Gramps

PS This is the answer to your PM

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 18, 2011 4:10 PM   in reply to Ben Pleysier

I am having the same issue with the lightbox widget, the nex, prev, and close buttons do not show up.

http://www.jl-landarch.com/Residential_commercial.html

I have tried your suggestions, making sure the gifs are in the right location, still can't figure it out.

Any other suggestions?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 18, 2011 6:22 PM   in reply to suzysam85

The images cannot be found. Have a look at a portion of your markup

imageBtnPrev: 'images/lightbox/lightbox-btn-prev.gif',

This tells me that the image is to be found here http://www.jl-landarch.com/images/lightbox/lightbox-btn-prev.gif. If I go there I get a 404 error meaning that the file cannot be found.

Either upload the files to the named directory/folder or change the path to where the images can be found.

Gramps

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 19, 2011 9:54 AM   in reply to Ben Pleysier

But when I look at the images folder, there they are.  Not sure what else to do.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 19, 2011 4:48 PM   in reply to suzysam85

capture.png

What can I say?

Gramps

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)