Skip navigation
hlbowman98
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot download Adobe Certified devices

May 25, 2011 8:17 AM

When I go to download any of the Adobe Certified devices in Device Central CS5, I am getting this error message: "Unable to download device profile "[device name]". Please try again". I can download other devices from the community, just not any of the Adobe Certified ones. Any one know why this might be?

I installed the most recent updates for CS5 this morning and am still having this issue. It seemed to work last time I tried it a few weeks ago.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 26, 2011 12:59 PM   in reply to hlbowman98

I just opened Device Central program for the first time. (I am a Flex developer).  I was able to download the Adobe Certified Devices (eg. iPad 2 and Samsung Nexus S profiles) from within ADC:

1) Start a new project, or open an old project.

You should see the Device Library in the top right panel

2) Select the Adobe Certified Devices link in the bottom left panel (Library Filter). This will load all of those device profiles into the Library.

3) Seletct the Device that you want from the Library (e.g., iPad 2). The profile will open.

4) Select the "Devices" Menu at the top, and then click on "Download Defice Profile". This will download the profile.

5) You might also want to select: "Add to Test Devices" in the Devices menu (I am not sure what this does yet, you might only need to "Download the Device Profile").

This was done on a MacBook Air, running OS 10.6.6,  with ADC from CS5.

Can you do this on your system/machine?

If not, what are you running?

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2011 8:19 PM   in reply to mcaudy

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. It (Device Central) seems it can connect to the library & find the profiles easily enough (683 profiles found).

But when I try to either:

1. click & drag the desired profile into the test devices,

2. or... right click & choose 'download device profile' or 'add to test devices',

3. or... go to the devices drop down list & choose 'download device profile' or 'add to test devices',

...all of these options end up with the same result: it initially works after the click, but then after 'trying' for about 10 secs, it delivers the error: "Unable to download Device Profile "Apple iPhone 4". Please try again."

Please help!

Thanks,

k

PS, I'm using:

mac pro, OSX 10.6.7, Adobe CS5.5 & CS5 Master Collection. Both CS's say they're all up to date.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2011 3:17 PM   in reply to hlbowman98

@hlbowman98

Glad to hear that things are now working OK.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points