Exit

Flash Player not working on Facebook

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2011 Jun 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have windows 7 64bit home premium

I have flash player 10.3.181.26 installed

But when i try to play video on facebook and click on them the video doesn,t play it just disappears and a blank box is were the video was. No error messages.

I am using IE9

When i ise firefox browser it plays fine.

I have reinstalled flash player but no joy

Any ideas.?

Perry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for furnishing your information. Be sure you are using your 32bit browser. There are a few new features in IE9 and one of them is the ActiveX Filtering. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/products/ie-9/features

See if this is the problem:

To turn on ActiveX Filtering
In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, point to Safety, and then click ActiveX Filtering.

To turn off ActiveX Filtering on a specific website
In Internet Explorer, click the Filter button in the Address bar, and then click Turn off ActiveX Filtering.

To turn off ActiveX Filtering on all websites
In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, point to Safety, and then click ActiveX Filtering.

Let me know if that takes care of it.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

When i click active x then go to facebook and click on videos it says must downlaod new version of flash player (which i currently have installed) but i clicked on it and nothing happened, so i  uninstalled flash again and installed new version, again facebook says must install latest version ???

When i turn off active x the flash player warning does not appear when i click on a video it is just blank again ??

Videos on you tube etc play fine it solely down to facebook ?

Perry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you take a screenshot of the browser window and post it so we can see what's going on?  It's odd that it's working on YouTube but failing on Facebook.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris

Thanks for reply.

I have just reset IE9 to default settings in internet options and it seems to have solved the problem so it looks like the fault was with IE9 not flash.

Don't know why this happened but seems to have solved the problem (fingers crossed)

Thanks again to you and eidnold for trying to resolve.

Perry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, thanks for the feedback. It could have been the video itself, hard to tell. I know IE9 has the compatibility view that may help also. You may want to review that if you have any other issues with a website with IE9.

I see Chris has posted a thread about the ActiveX Filtering with screenshots that is helpful, should you want to bookmark it.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines