• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR for Apple iOS Support in Flash Builder is not installed

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2011 Jun 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wasn't sure if this is an AIR installation issue or a FB issue.

I've written an application in Flash Builder and I'm now attempting to get it running on an iPad.

I am running on a Mac (OSX 10.6.7)

I have FB 4.5 installed and downloaded the separate 4.5.1 update file successfully updated FB to 4.5.1.

I have downloaded and installed AIR 2.7.

I have downloaded and installed the AIR sdk.

I have an iOS developer account and have created my developer certificatn p12 file, created an Apple Id for my application and a provisioning profile.

I created a new "ActionScript Mobile Project" for my application and enabled the Apple iOS platform.

I have entered my certificate and provisioning information into FB.

I created a "Debug Configuration" for my project.

When I run my debug configuration, I am prompted for my Certificate Password (which I enter).

I then receive a pop-up message with the following error:

"AIR for Apple iOS Support in Flash Builder is not installed. To enable packaging support for Apple iOS follow these instructions."

The link for the instructions links to the following knowledge base article:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/899/cpsid_89938.html

I have Flash Builder as a part of the CS5.5 Web Premium (on DVD), which does not appear to have a "AIR for Apple iOS Support" option during the FB installation.

So I followed the manual installation steps provided (although copying the described folders to my sdks/4.5.1 folder (rather than the sdks/4.5 folder).

However, doing the above did not resolve the issue. I still get the same error message as before.

I was able to download and run the Adobe AIR "ADC Desktop" application on my Mac without any issues, so it appears that AIR is installed and working on my Mac.

Has anyone else encountered this issue, or have any suggestions on how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

normally this problem occurs when you did not perform the full install of flash builder 4.5.1 update.

Try this and hope it works :

- download full flash builder 4.5.1 from adobe website (not the update only), it's about 1GB

- when download finished click the install package and be sure to select both options

- flash builder 4.5.1

- IOS support

It will take about 10-15 minutes before install is complete.

When flash builder opens select your desired workspace again and normally you should be ready to go.

If you export to release build be sure you have acquired the right documents (p12 and provisioning profile)

The error should be gone.

grt

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the response.

I believe you a most likely right about requiring a full install (with iOS support) rather than using the FB 4.5.1 update.

As I have CS5.5 Web Premium on DVD and did not see any iOS support option during the FB 4.5 installation.

The only full version of FB 4.5.1 that I've been able to find on the Adobe site is the "Trial Version" here (Note: It is listed as 4.5 on the website, but the Read Me file in the download indicates that it is actually 4.5.1):

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=flash_builder

When I attempt to install the Trial version of FB 4.5.1, I am prompted to enter my serial number.

However, when I enter my CS5.5 Web Premium Serial number, it tells me that "The serial number is not valid for this product" even though Web Premium includes a copy of Flash Builder 4.5 Premium.

Is the link above to the Trial Version of FB 4.5.1 the correct file I should be downloading, or should I be downloading the file from another location?

If I am downloading the correct file, do you have any idea why it is not recognizing my serial number?

Thanks,

Craig.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2011 Jul 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People who have CS5.5 WP or MC can also choose to install "AIR FOR IOS SUPPORT" which will be listed along with other products in the "Install Options" page to overcome this issue.

Thanks,

Sudhir

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2011 Jun 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i got the exact same error.

i've tried lot of things but none worked.

i am using FB for PHP and flex sdk version is 4.5.1

it just gets stuck at

"AIR for Apple iOS Support in Flash Builder is not installed."

i have no idea how to deal with it. i've wasted one full day to get to any workaround.

i even installed FB on a new machine to check if that will work but not

could someone please tell me if there is a fix

tha

jas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you perform a clean install with the new Flash Builder 4.5 package you can download at the Adobe website?

Installing the SDK 4.5.1 will not include the IOS support installation for Flash Builder i guess.

I suggest you try one more time grabbing the Trial files for Flash Builder 4.5 (about 1.2GB) and perform a full installation.

You can even uninstall FB first to be sure there are no conflicts.

Let me know how that works out for you..

grt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

first the link Craig provided is the correct  link to do a full install of the new Flash Builder 4.5 with the IOS  support update (4.5.1).

This is also the link that 'Jas' should check out to grab the correct files.

If you perform a clean install of Flash Builder with the files obtained from Adobe (even the trial of the Premium version) you should have full IOS support.

I know this because I had to do the exact same thing, and before trying this I also checked the forum, but at that time there was no solution listed.

In my case, the Adobe Update Manager hung up on me, and crashed. So Flash Builder wasn't working properly anymore.

I performed a clean install with the files I got from the link you posted, and I had the option to install Flash Builder 4.5, and the IOS Support (you have to be sure that you check both options)

After the installation was finished, fired up Flash Builder and I had full iOS support when building my project to IPA.

I don't know how about the licensing for this product, but in my case a new Licence was needed to update FB4 tot FB4.5.

That's something you should check out at Adobe helpdesk.

grt

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, with my Flash Builder 4.5 Php Version updated to 4.5.1. (Mac)

I solved the problem without any reinstall, with the help of this older knowledgebase http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/495/cpsid_49532.html.

Steps I did :

downloaded the open source flex sdk from the adobe website version 4.5.1

downloaded the air sdk given in the knowledgebase article that comes with the popup in Flash Builder

After download, I unpacked the archives and did a full merge of the AIR SDK ontop of the FLEX SDK overwriting everything. On MAC beware that Finder is not able to do a merge! It will replace folders, not merge them together. You can do a merge, with terminal command (like here http://ask.metafilter.com/116118/Merging-folders-in-OS-X). I used MuCommander for the merged copy.

After merging both SDKs I pointed flash builder/preferences/installed sdks to the folder that contains the merged sdks and check that folder as default. After that I could package IPAS normaly again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'll I was going to spend the morning on the phone with Adobe to try and resolve the issues I was having with the Trial version of FB Premium not recognizing my CS5.5 Web Premium product license but decided to try a few more things first.

I managed to find a solution that worked for me!

It turns out that the manual AIR for Apple iOS Support instructions on the page linked to in the error pop-up message didn't work for me.

This is the page that was linked to in the error message:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/899/cpsid_89938.html

I did have to download and install the AIR SDK from here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/air/sdk/

Step 2 of the instructions on the Adobe site indicate the following (which didn't not work for me):

Copy the folders \lib\aot\lib\gcc, \lib\aot\bin\as, and \lib\aot\bin\strip from the downloaded AIR SDK to the equivalent folders in the Flex SDK (replacing its existing contents).
The location of the default SDK included with Flash Builder is Adobe Flash Builder 4.5 Installation\sdks\4.5.0\lib\aot\.

As the above did not work for me, I had to copy the specified folders to these different locations instead:

\lib\aot\lib\gcc  >>>> ....\Adobe Flash Builder 4.5\utilities\ipa_packager\lib\aot\lib\gcc

\lib\aot\bin\as >>>> ....\Adobe Flash Builder 4.5\utilities\ipa_packager\lib\aot\bin\as

\lib\aot\bin\strip >>>> ....\Adobe Flash Builder 4.5\utilities\ipa_packager\lib\aot\bin\strip

None of these folders existed at those locations so I just copied the folders over directly (if you are on a Mac and the folders already exist, you should copy each of the files manually, as replacing a folder on a Mac will cause any extra files in the old folder to get lost rather than merged with the new folder contents).

After doing the above and relaunching FB, I was able to package a version of my app and install it on my iPad successfully.

It would also be nice if Adobe could include the "AIR for Apple iOS Support installation option" in any future Flash Builder patches, as this option might not be available when installing the full version of FB (depending on what bundle of the Adobe software someone happened to purchase).

Plus it would reduce on the number of people calling them to find out why their licensed copy (i.e. serial number) of FB Premium is not getting recognized when trying to install the full Trial version of FB Premium.

Thanks again for everyone's help on this issue.

I hope the information in this thread can help out some other people solve this issue.

Craig.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 08, 2011 Jul 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone else using Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP on OS X - I followed the instructions from alx_stgt and it worked for me as well. I simply put the entire Air SDK tar file in the correct folder (/Adobe Flash Builder 4.5/sdks/4.5.1/) and ran "sudo tar jxvf AdobeAIRSDK.tbz2" in terminal and it added the appropriate files. After starting up Flash Builder, I was able to create an IPA file. No reinstall needed and no licensing issues. Thanks ALX_STGT!

You can download the AIR SDK tar file here: http://www.adobe.com/products/air/sdk/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2011 Jul 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fwiw, I've been told that our original KB doc (http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/899/cpsid_89938.html) should be updated (if it hasn't already) with the correct instructions.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marking this question as answered, as I now have a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

airdoctrine you are superstar my friend.

it worked for me after 2 days of looking around and finally after reading your instruction it work like charm

thanks bro

cheers

jas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2011 Jun 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Airdoctrine,

Thanks a lot for providing a clear explained solution for this problem.

Greetings,

CK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2011 Jun 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Airdoctrine,

Thanks for posting what worked for you.  I've forwarded this thread along to our documentation people and have asked that they update the current tech note.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2011 Nov 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My FlashBuilder only shows "Google Android" as the Target platform.

I am on MAC for CS5.5 Web Premium. I have tried untaring the downloaded file and it still does not work. I also copied files to ipa_packager folder. same problem.

I can't use WP serial number for FlashBuilder 4.5.1 as it does not accept it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines