Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Ideas section dead?

Jun 23, 2011 12:31 AM

I think there is such great potential for the ideas section on labs.
There are great ideas from users all over the place.
The only thing that is lacking is any form of feedback, a reply, something, anything from Adobe...

You can see if an idea is pending, but that's about it.

This is what the welcome page says:

wHelp us improve our technologies for you.

Adobe Labs Ideas is a place for the community to suggest and discuss new and exciting functionality for Adobe technologies. Post your own ideas or review and vote on ideas submitted by the community. The Adobe development teams will review all submissions and use your collective input to prioritize feature requests and help shape future versions of products.

It would be nice to get some feedback on that help wich users are providing.
Something simple, a comment like this in the idea: "Hey -username-, thanks! We did some tests and we're (most likely) going to implement it in the next version." Or maybe: "Sorry that's not likely to happen because it recuires a lot of (technical stuff...) and we dont have that, etc. etc.

Or: "Could you explain in more detail how that would work? Because it sounds like something we're working on allready..."

People are making screenshots, photoshopping in new functions, really helping out.
I personally think that deserves some public feedback.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 27, 2011 2:34 PM   in reply to boudewijndanser

Thank you very much for the feedback! I absolutely understand your frustration and will notify the respective product teams that more attention needs to be paid on updating status and commenting on ideas.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 31, 2011 4:37 PM   in reply to boudewijndanser

All teams process feedback and follow up in their own way.  Which product areas are you most interested in (Flex, Flash Builder, etc.)?  I can encourage those teams to participate more.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points