• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I convert a PDF File to a JPEG File?

Apr 30, 2010 Apr 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a photo that I scanned. The printer/Computer scans it using Adobe Reader 9. I need to convert the photo to a JPEG file. I have NO idea how to do this.  Can someone please give me an easy to do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can't be done with Reader unfortunately.

Reader isn't doing the scanning or involved at all in the scanning process short of viewing the file after it's been scanned. You need to check the settings in your scanning software to see if it has the option to save as a .jpg (it should).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I will look into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, if you already have the scanned object as a PDF file, there are many (free) online converters - search Google for 'PDF to JPG converter' and you will find one that will do the conversion for you.

The quality of the JPG will probably be better if you scan it directly as a JPG (or PNG) file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2010 May 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The simplest way is to use Zamzar.com which is an online software that can help you convert PDF to Image. As it is free, so I am not sure the quality would meet your needs. For me, I would like to use PDF to PowerPoint Converter, which can preserve the photo in slides with high quality and  you can easily set the size and quality. Then you can save it as JPEG. Choose an approach you like. ^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2010 Jun 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it with OpenOffice.org's Word Processor (I forget what exactly it is called, it may in fact just be "Word") if I remember correctly.

But aside from third-party utilities, there is no way to do it from Adobe Reader, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2010 Jun 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, Reader isn't involved in scanning the file at all. It only opens it when the scan is done because their scanning software is saving it as a .pdf.

Instead of going through a lot of trouble and extra steps to convert the .pdf to a .jpg, simply look at the scanner settings and change it from .pdf to .jpg.

ssmith4822 wrote:

You can do it with OpenOffice.org's Word Processor (I forget what exactly it is called, it may in fact just be "Word") if I remember correctly.

But aside from third-party utilities, there is no way to do it from Adobe Reader, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2010 Sep 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My scanner is set to scan pictures to JPEG.  But it seems that Adobe Reader just came in and took over and then the pictures came out in PDF and I've been unable to change back to JPEG.  I wish someone would tell me how to make that change in simple terms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2010 Sep 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your scanning software. It is creating the PDF, not Reader. Reader is simply the application used by your computer to open PDF's.

DJL3365 wrote:

My scanner is set to scan pictures to JPEG.  But it seems that Adobe Reader just came in and took over and then the pictures came out in PDF and I've been unable to change back to JPEG.  I wish someone would tell me how to make that change in simple terms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2010 Jun 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Open Office to open or import the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2010 Jun 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. I give up. You can all stop now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2010 Jun 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try zamzar.com, which can help you convert PDF file to a JPEG file. You just need a coffee to wait for the conversion result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 05, 2010 Oct 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.mediafire.com/?z656uuu34lbzmcg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2010 Oct 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did get it taken care of. I just uninstalled Adobe Reader and I had no

more problem with my files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2011 Jun 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using an online converter is sure a right way to handle this task. However, the one indicated above does not work (I've waited forever but nothing happened). I found another PDF to JPG converter which works just fine. Enjoy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2011 Jun 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(sorry for the double post, my browser tricked me )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 05, 2016 Sep 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using a converter is in this case NOT the right way!

The right way is, as ~graffiti said, setting the scanner software to the right output!

If one creates a *.pdf file the PDF-software (Acrobat Reader, Foxit, PDF24,...) will open it.

If you want to make a bread you don´t take a piece of meat and turn it into wheat to bake your bread...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines