• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

9.4.5 BUG. Can't Multi-select Pages anymore!!!!

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2011 Jun 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed on all 4 Adobe Acrobat 9.4.5 users at my org since the update yesterday.

Before, if you held the CTRL Key, you could select multiple pages in the Pages Pane to Delete/Extract/Ect.

THIS NO LONGER WORKS! And we use that functionality A LOT.

What is the best way to get this info to the powers that be?

-Sam

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Sep 19, 2011 Sep 19, 2011

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can submit bugs here: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done and Done, thanks.  Is there a way to create online support tickets?  I want a workaround, we can't wait until their next patch cycle.  I requested 2 'Call Backs' but get disconnected each time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a problem with going back to a previous version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have a problem going back to the older version:

1. Multiple CRITICAL security vulnerabilities (http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb11-16.html)

2. You cannot uninstall updates, you have to completely uninstall, then reinstall an old version, then update it to 9.4.4.  This is VERY time consuming.

3. I shouldn't have to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, you probably could not patch a re-install to 9.4.4.

A system restore would set you back prior to the 9.4.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I concur. This no longer works.

You can still select multiple pages with the mouse, but that doesn't help

when you want to select non-consecutive pages.

You can report this as a bug here:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2011 Jun 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.  I had a restore point before the 9.4.5 update, so I rolled the system back, then I turned off the auto update. I wish Adobe would fix the bugs without creating more.  Maybe they just want to force people to upgrade to Acrobat X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe they just want to force people to upgrade to Acrobat X.

That just gave me a great idea!  I can afford a few of a those upgrades

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can also confirm the 9.4.5 bug.  I'm using Acrobat 9 Std and Windows 7 Pro.  Multi-select works normally in Acrobat Std 9.4.4 installed on an identically configured Windows 7 Pro laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2011 Jun 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

confirmed this bug is still in effect. I do multiple selects many times a day so this bug is not huge in terms of fuctionality but a big break on working speed.  There is no work around i have found, you just have to right click and them type in page numbers to select multiple pages. 

It is more of a problem when i need to rearrange pages and have to do it one page at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This report sealed my decision NOT to apply the 9.4.5 update. I had tried before after a loused-up windows update fiasco. When I tried to start Acrobat 9 Pro after applying the update, I got an error message that said Acrobat was unusable. I had to uninstall and reinstall Acrobat 9 Pro from the CD and apply all the updates in sequence. Talk about an ugly scenario!! Yuck!!!

Ken Friedman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

working with xp, my workaround was a xp system restoration to the state before update.

meanwhile I open "risky" PDF-files with the parallel installed fresh updated Reader X ...

german support confirmed this bug and told to wait for next update ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A system restore is how I got out the mess I was in. Basesd on wht you say, I'll

not apply the 9.4.5 update.

Ken Friedman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2011 Jun 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed on Acrobat Pro 9.4.5/ Win7

Just raised a discussion on this too - then saw this one. (Have removed my one now)

I've got an upgrade to CS 5.5 waiting - was only putting it off due to testing my custom Actions/settings. Time to jump onto 'X' I think...:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not going to spend one more red cent on Acrobat and reward Adobe for their lack of effective testing. As a long time Acrobat user and a former tester of software, it seems they do not do a good enough job regression testing their fixes to see if what they fix does not affect other parts of their product. I wonder how many other bugs are waiting for me if I upgrade to Acrobat X.

I really wonder if Adobe knows that there are a few good alternatives to Acrobat out there. And I do not want to discuss which ones are best.

Ken Friedman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely true.  Windows 7 32-bit or XP.  same problem.

When did this update come out?    i need to try a restore point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here - XP user. Very annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OP Here.

What's worse, is that when trying to schedule a Support Call with them, I GET DISCONNECTED EVERY TIME they transfer me.  This has happened 3/3 times so far.  Not even sure Adobe is even aware of the situation yet

Come on Adobe, get it together.

-Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SysAdminRoll2 wrote:

Not even sure Adobe is even aware of the situation yet

Did you report it using their online bug submission form linked to in the reply #1 and 2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes they replied

Raymond Rocha

sent from iphone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2011 Jun 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe said they know about the bug and are 'working on it'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You got word from them?  Thanks for posting that info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to repair and it didn't work.  Since you can't select multiple pages, the print "selected pages" option is also gone.  Just as I go to print multiple books.  Will take me a lot longer without ability to select multiple pages.  big bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone tried to run a repair under Windows add/remove programs. You can't just remove the lastest update but you can run a repair.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines