Skip navigation
Imperius Rex
Currently Being Moderated

New Twitter feed problem

Jun 22, 2011 9:27 AM

I built pages last week that had Twitter feeds loaded and displaying perfectly. I checked them today and now they don't conform to the width of the box they are associated with. The content scrolls off horizontally as well as vertically.

Any ideas what would have caused that and how to make it go back to the way it was?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 23, 2011 4:56 AM   in reply to Imperius Rex

Assuming nothing was changed in InDesign (e.g. 'Scale content to fit' option in Overlay Creator), the cause is probably a change in the CSS that displays your feeds. I guess the first thing you could do is check how the feeds appear in Safari for comparison.

Ali

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,638 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Jul 11, 2011 11:49 AM   in reply to Imperius Rex

Yes, I noticed the same thing. I'll let you know when I have more information.

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,638 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Jul 19, 2011 8:20 PM   in reply to Imperius Rex

I've noticed this change on Web Content overlays that display twitter pages. Have you noticed this problem with any other web content?

Sent from my iPad

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,638 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Jul 29, 2011 10:57 AM   in reply to Imperius Rex

No, I haven't made any progress. My guess is that it's a change to something on the Twitter side of things. In my app, I made the web view overlay wider, but I realize that doesn't work in all instances.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 29, 2011 3:06 PM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

im guessing they did some major changes to the CSS -- even in testing the m.twitter website would scale on a desktop browser depending on its size-- now it stays a single size without any scaling what so ever.  Although in older browsers the site aligns left-- in newer html5 enabled browsers it aligns center.  I might have to ask a twitter dev and see whats been going on.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2012 1:19 AM   in reply to Imperius Rex

I'm having this issue too - almost a year later~!

I have a web content box with a twitter address assigned to it, with 'scale content to fit' switched on. The twitter display within the box is skewed to the left, there is quite a wide grey panel on either side of the feed, so when it loads the box is half filled with grey, and half filled with 'some' of the twitter feed.

Surely there must be a fix for this by now... anyone know what it is?

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2012 4:51 AM   in reply to nousinfo

Don't use scale to fit.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2012 9:20 PM   in reply to Bob Levine

Hi Bob,

thanks for the reply. I have switched off 'scale to fit', but am still having the same issue. (see attached pic).

photo1.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 3:50 PM   in reply to nousinfo

no info on the above as yet?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 4:24 PM   in reply to nousinfo

I'm having the same issue. It shows correct when I use "Preview on Desktop", but it doesn't show "fit" in the iPad content viewer.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 7:18 PM   in reply to nousinfo

I'll be publishing my folio today and it would be great if I could have this issue solved before it goes. Is this some sort of unsolvable glitch, or is there some kind of fix?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points