Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated in FMS 4

Jun 15, 2011 12:05 AM

I have a live streaming application running on FMS4. The application  was working fine on FMS 3.5 we upgraded to FMS 4 and have some issues.  The problem is:
- we use a Java web app for managing business logic which comunicates through AMF with the SSAS app on FMS 4.
- the java app queries the Flash Administration Server for stream  stats. The Flash Admin returns in XML format data about the stream. One  node of the XML contains the publisher's id which looks something like  this: oAAFAAAA.
Suppose I want to disconnect the client, so I send a message to the  SSAS application running on FMS telling it to disconnect the client with  id oAAFAAAA. This was working on 3.5. The problem is that it appears  that on SSAS side from version 4 returns a number, for example  4702111234558869871. So I cannot disconnect them. How can I solve the  naming id of the clients?

  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 15, 2011 1:04 AM   in reply to Webconference

    Hi ,


    We apologize for the inconsistency we have in FMS right now in context of which you have pointed out and which is affecting your workflow. We are aware of this issue and it’s already filed as bug.


    In 4.0 we changed it to return what is displayed in access log so users can correlate between the two. It used to be a string representation of some internal id (not useful to end user).  Now it is the external id that

    you see in the logs. We changed SSAS, Access & Auth to reflect and return id in new form but Admin API got left out & hence the bug.


    Would you be kind enough to drop me an email to my id: and giving your contact details & severity of this problem in your business workflow? I will send the same information to Engineering team - it might help them reassess priority of the bug and if possible get a fix in one of upcoming dot release.

    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 24, 2011 2:07 PM   in reply to SE_0208

    Ah man, I came here to post about this same exact issue.  Is there no way to convert the the new value to the one expected by the admin API in actionscript?

    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 24, 2011 2:09 PM   in reply to Rich Rodecker

    and why does the client id still display the same client ID expected by the admin API? 

    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 24, 2011 4:28 PM   in reply to Rich Rodecker

    for anyone else searching for how to do this conversion in AS, I found a hack workaround, using the LongInt class found here: /util/



                   var clientIDString:String = "4702111234525315439"; //should equal oAADAAAA
                   var longInt:LongInt = new LongInt(clientIDString);
                   var bytes:ByteArray = new ByteArray();
                   bytes.position = 0;
                   trace(bytes.toString());  // prints AAAADAAo, so just need to reverse it


    Mark as:

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

  • 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points